Homeless people

I've been talking to a lass who works dor the council in finding homeless people temp accom until they can be housed permanently. She reckons they're full of shit when they ask you for money as "the shelter is only a fiver a night".

I've given lads in darlo money on countless occasions when they've used this line. If they'd have just said they needed money for food or whatever I'd have happily given them it.

I've been talking to a lass who works dor the council in finding homeless people temp accom until they can be housed permanently. She reckons they're full of shit when they ask you for money as "the shelter is only a fiver a night".

I've given lads in darlo money on countless occasions when they've used this line. If they'd have just said they needed money for food or whatever I'd have happily given them it.
I never give them money but buy them summat to eat or a hot drink/soup in cold weather

I never give them money but buy them summat to eat or a hot drink/soup in cold weather
I can see the logic in that however I'd feel condescending by taking that choice / freedom away from them, almost as if they aren't capable of making the decision for them.

Not saying that's the crack like but that's just my viewpoint on it, completely understand why some people choose not to.

Got a regular beggar outside the shop. Often comes in saying how wonderful someone has just been giving him £20. Then uses it to immediately buy tobacco. If he's not been given loads of money, then he'll pay for it with his bank card.

I can see the logic in that however I'd feel condescending by taking that choice / freedom away from them, almost as if they aren't capable of making the decision for them.

Not saying that's the crack like but that's just my viewpoint on it, completely understand why some people choose not to.

One of the arguments against it is that more often than not, giving food might discourage people from dropping in to a soup kitchen where they’re able to access other services like healthcare and housing support.

Plus every fucker gives sandwiches, some homeless people have bags full of them.

There’s one gets over the retail park near the Wheatsheaf..my brother noticed him when he went in one of the shops..me brother bought a sandwich..a drink and a chocolate bar..went over and offered them to the lad and he refused them..said he wanted money.
outside B&M? never spoke to him Yet but the one who is sometimes outside of Tesco is a canny lad and always have a bit crack with him and ask him if he wants owt. He usually sits on the exit side (only seen him there on dry days) so on a weekend when there is likely to be a queue to get in I check to see if he is there first

outside B&M? never spoke to him Yet but the one who is sometimes outside of Tesco is a canny lad and always have a bit crack with him and ask him if he wants owt. He usually sits on the exit side (only seen him there on dry days) so on a weekend when there is likely to be a queue to get in I check to see if he is there first
Aye this was outside B+M.

There’s one gets over the retail park near the Wheatsheaf..my brother noticed him when he went in one of the shops..me brother bought a sandwich..a drink and a chocolate bar..went over and offered them to the lad and he refused them..said he wanted money.
I bought him pop, food and some thick socks a couple month back, it was freezing. Went over and left them by him. Was annoyed when he was smoking a tab like.

This. I’ve bought a few people something to eat. Something wrong with a country that has so many millionaires but also has people sleeping in the cold on the streets. I know it’s the same in most countries but I still think something has gone very wrong for it to happen. While the rich get even richer, many at the very bottom still don’t have a pot to piss in.

A lot of them in Darlo are taking the piss mind.

Back