Homeland series 8

• Thread starter Deleted member 40035
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am glad the thing is over. As per with American series where they were not the originators of the original adaptation, it fell apart and there were holes all over. Carrie made Houdini seem mundane.
Having said all that, credit is due for the ending, it was good.

Some seasons were great and some were totally shit.

This last season was probably up their with the best along with the first 2/3 seasons with the Brody character.

Another shout out for Saul as a cracking character and great actor. Better and more important than Carrie Matthison

Last edited:
Some seasons were great and some were totally shit.

This last season was probably up their with the best along with the first 2/3 seasons with the Brody character.

Another shout out for Saul as a cracking character and great actor. Better and more important than Carrie Matthison

I do agree with you. That bit in the final episode when he told carie to come close. I said out loud to the Mrs of what I thought he would say. I was canny close. Top character is Saul

Finally got round to watching the finale this morning, great ending. That has to be one of the best seasons out of them all.

I do agree with you. That bit in the final episode when he told carie to come close. I said out loud to the Mrs of what I thought he would say. I was canny close. Top character is Saul

He plays a great part, you just wouldn't fuck with him would you.

Finally got round to watching the finale this morning, great ending. That has to be one of the best seasons out of them all.

He plays a great part, you just wouldn't fuck with him would you.

I think it's is one of the best endings of any series tbh

Normally they are a massive let down but this delivered

Finally caught up and finished S8, thought it was a great season very satisfied with the way it was all tied up, almost gave up on the show after Season 6 wasn't sold on 7 either (last few episodes saved it imo) unlike many it seems I really enjoyed S4 and S5 some of the best up there with the first two seasons for me, as others have said hopefully some sort of spin-off evolves.

Any recommendations for similar shows? I'm considering 'Berlin Station' also 'The Americans' keeps popping up though I worry that'll have lots of family drama stuff (bought out the worst in Homeland that) leaning more towards western shows as I find them easier to binge watch than foreign ones currently

Cheers.

Finally caught up and finished S8, thought it was a great season very satisfied with the way it was all tied up, almost gave up on the show after Season 6 wasn't sold on 7 either (last few episodes saved it imo) unlike many it seems I really enjoyed S4 and S5 some of the best up there with the first two seasons for me, as others have said hopefully some sort of spin-off evolves.

Any recommendations for similar shows? I'm considering 'Berlin Station' also 'The Americans' keeps popping up though I worry that'll have lots of family drama stuff (bought out the worst in Homeland that) leaning more towards western shows as I find them easier to binge watch than foreign ones currently

Cheers.

I've enjoyed the first two seasons of Berlin Station, without ever thinking it's wonderful. Yet to watch season 3. As with Homeland, it tends to have some fillerish episodes in which nothing much happens but also some very tense set piece episodes.

Have'nt watched The Americans so can't comment on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back