Home Schooling

Status
Not open for further replies.

couple where I live took their two kids out of our local school because the kids had been learning about different religions and the school planned a trip to a religious museum

f***ing couple of doyles, always posting pictures of work they are doing at home and educational trips away to places such as Beamish and Seaton etc.

They have stated that the council education officer visits them and they are over the moon.

Parents say the kids were being brainwashed and at home they won’t get bullied etc etc as they are homeschooled.

Any opinions on this? I think it stinks and that the parents are clearly racist bigots.

Trevor Phillips is a man who dares to tell the truth about race | Daily Mail Online

RE covers all religions in school these days

Is hardly indoctrination of your kids.

Teaches them about other God's and deity's that other people might worship.

The Sikhs, Hindus, Muslims etc will also have to learn about Christianity...

It helps generate a more tolerant society.

Does it also include education about atheism and humanism to truly counterbalance things?

With regard to home schooling, a colleague of mine and his wife (well, primarily his wife) were doing this but stopped as they were finding the social side of it difficult. As mentioned, there are networks of home schoolers so the kids get to interact with other kids but they found them unreliable (people cancelling at short notice etc.).

Does it teach about Humanism, Scientology and Atheism too?

Surprised so many on here are against it, I have to say on reflection my schooling was poor and I reckon if the parent is well prepared and feels like they can do a better job it's a good idea.

Kids need other kids around them and to learn that they aren't the centre of the universe.
This. They potentially miss out on the social aspects from play, teamwork, squabbling and seeing other kids do better or worse than them. Not to mention the friends they are losing by being different and not at school with the others. Poor feckers.

Do home schoolers get funding for their trouble? If not fair enough but if so no. Sm surprised at the smount of people willing to fk about with kids schooling.

The owld Muslim radgies will be ower the moon with their kids learning about Christianity.

The owld Muslim radgies will be ower the moon with their kids learning about Christianity.
The majority are fine. Muslim kids interact perfectly well in mainstream schools.

Their home schooling is a big problem though. The real radgies' schools have been found to be teaching a predominantly religious education. All home (and by extension, small group) schooling needs to be subject to regular checks.

I'm not sure if everything going back to LA control is feasible these days but there doesn't seem to be anyone directly accountable for this kind of education outside of LA control. Imo there needs to be.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back