Home Schooling

houst69

Striker
couple where I live took their two kids out of our local school because the kids had been learning about different religions and the school planned a trip to a religious museum

f***ing couple of doyles, always posting pictures of work they are doing at home and educational trips away to places such as Beamish and Seaton etc.

They have stated that the council education officer visits them and they are over the moon.

Parents say the kids were being brainwashed and at home they won’t get bullied etc etc as they are homeschooled.

Any opinions on this? I think it stinks and that the parents are clearly racist bigots.

couple where I live took their two kids out of our local school because the kids had been learning about different religions and the school planned a trip to a religious museum

f***ing couple of doyles, always posting pictures of work they are doing at home and educational trips away to places such as Beamish and Seaton etc.

They have stated that the council education officer visits them and they are over the moon.

Parents say the kids were being brainwashed and at home they won’t get bullied etc etc as they are homeschooled.

Any opinions on this? I think it stinks and that the parents are clearly racist bigots.
What religions were they?

I've met a few very decent people who do it, and On checking, there are some very good communities that support eachother in home schooling.

It's not for me, and I disagree with it being used as a way to shelter children from the world, but it can be done very well.
I agree with the sheltering point, but the teachers equally shelter the kids from it if we are being fair.

They pretend that religions are all lovely, tolerant groups of the most trustworthy and noble people in society.

They don't mention the fact that the christian god says if your gay you go to hell and allah wants you to kill people and in return you get 72 virgins to party with.

Growing up I literally assumed the bible was true, I thought as a child thats how the world worked and then I read it and luckily thought this is a crock of shit full of inconsistencies but some people read those books and never look back.

I'd like to have home-schooled mine and then expelled them...

Parents sound a tad precious to me but if they do a good job with their kids' education then why not.

I can imagine the post script that when the kids rebel in their teens they'll become 'born again'.

Back