Holidaying abroad this year

Just back from Dalyan, Turkey and no issues with flights (Jet2), or with anything over there.

What a great place (no Russkis unlike Antalya) and the taxi boat ride to Itzuzu beach from Dalyan centre is something special.

And for those who love their nature, seeing the turtles is fabulous.
icelandic volcanoes

Got stuck in Thailand 2010 because of that. Nice free week all paid for :D

Last edited:

Going to Hurghada Egypt in October
Booked in 2019 then Thomas Cook goes tits up followed by Covid
I used to take the piss out of people using travel agents to book all inclusive holidays in giant resort hotels and yet that’s exactly what I’ve done. 😳😳

No. They wave you through the Spanish airports, They merely maintain a presence
Actually, we flew into Madrid a couple of weeks ago and they were checking everyone's covid passes as we passed security. Looked like they were ready with tests for anyone who didn't have one, presumably at a cost (though we didn't need to find out). Nothing coming into the UK (Edinburgh) on the way back this week.

Going to Hurghada Egypt in October
Booked in 2019 then Thomas Cook goes tits up followed by Covid
I used to take the piss out of people using travel agents to book all inclusive holidays in giant resort hotels and yet that’s exactly what I’ve done. 😳😳
I've just got back. You'll be glad you're in a resort hotel if you go out and about. Don't change any money before you go, the rate over there is far better. They take pounds and US dollars, Egyptian pounds is much easier for getting by. Everyone is after tips, even the pool lifeguard. The Marina is nice with loads of restaurants. There's a bar called Luca's ran by cockney lad. He only charges £2 for an extra large draught beer and does canny food.

I've just got back. You'll be glad you're in a resort hotel if you go out and about. Don't change any money before you go, the rate over there is far better. They take pounds and US dollars, Egyptian pounds is much easier for getting by. Everyone is after tips, even the pool lifeguard. The Marina is nice with loads of restaurants. There's a bar called Luca's ran by cockney lad. He only charges £2 for an extra large draught beer and does canny food.

Thanks for that.
We are staying at the Malmouk Palace for the 5th time.
Don’t mind the tipping, normally $10 a week in advance to a pool lad, beach barman and room attendant.
Have been to the Marina a couple of times, canny day out.
The taxi we got to it sat outside 7 hours until we left!!

Going to Salou next week. My 17 year old has had 2 jabs and will be 261 days since last one. I think the limit is 270, they not gonna question it are they? Are they 😀
No. They wave you through the Spanish airports, They merely maintain a presence
Ours got checked at Palma airport a week ago mind. We're three jabbed, but I wouldn't be chancing it based on a couple of replies on here.

Back