Holidaying abroad this year

I can't see this getting enforced,
If no return ticket,no proof of hotel accomodation as supposedly staying with mam and dad/uncle/friend,little funds and the officer may well think he/she is going to work illegally in the Big Ben Bar for 3 months.Theyll catch a few but not many.The few they do get will soon be on the hot line to the mail

I have no problem getting any of the documentation required. In my case it’ll be genuine. I can’t see why anybody would actually need to fake it but o imagine it’d be a 5 minute pdf editor job to do so for all the paperwork in question.

So I can only assume that the checks at border control will be cursory and this is all compliance to a rule that’s only appropriate and relevant in a specific circumstance.

Just a bit inconvenient really
PS : that linked article suggests that I’d need to carry about 3 times the amount of cash I’d typically have in my wallet for a 10 day trip. At a time when a lot of people don’t even use cash.
Me and the Mrs have a long weekend in Majorca booked for bank holiday weekend. It'll be a pretty lazy one next to a pool and the hotel is all inclusive, there's no chance I'll need €100 a day.

Me and the Mrs have a long weekend in Majorca booked for bank holiday weekend. It'll be a pretty lazy one next to a pool and the hotel is all inclusive, there's no chance I'll need €100 a day.

I think I may be unnecessarily interpreting U.K. news websites. When they say things like ‘U.K. holiday makers ‘may’ have to have access to funds, blah blah, evidence of bank accounts and all that, I interpret that as a new rule being introduced that, when paperwork is checked, the rules ‘may’ require you to produce all that bumph.

But.

Interpret the wording another way. It could read ‘a new rule being proposed ‘may’ result in U.K. holidaymakers…’ etc etc

The ‘open to interpretation’ bit is meant to catch stressy-pants (like me) who are sad ocd people who go to a lot of trouble to comply with rules. Everybody else ignores it. I jump through hoops that other people walk around without glancing at them.

So I’m gonna chill and wait until it’s all a bit clearer.

I haven’t even got a trip booked and I’m risking anxiety about what might be non existent rules.

THAT’S what the last couple of years have done to me. 😉😀

If no return ticket,no proof of hotel accomodation as supposedly staying with mam and dad/uncle/friend,little funds and the officer may well think he/she is going to work illegally in the Big Ben Bar for 3 months.Theyll catch a few but not many.The few they do get will soon be on the hot line to the mail

The same people who would complain to the Mail would also be expecting UK Immigration to stop those without money and accommodation from entering the UK.

The US has the same rules but on around 50 visits I've only been asked once how I was going to support myself. One flash of a credit card and I was through.

The same people who would complain to the Mail would also be expecting UK Immigration to stop those without money and accommodation from entering the UK.
The Brit going to Benni is now treated the same as the Botswanan Lucky Lucky man going to Benni.Cannot get any fairer than that can you?

surely if just show them your banking app on phone, then job done ?

whats crack with spain if its over 270 days since 3rd vaccine jab ? we go late august for a long weekend and missus (no) had her last jab mid november 21

whats crack with spain if its over 270 days since 3rd vaccine jab ? we go late august for a long weekend and missus (no) had her last jab mid november 21

important bit from link

'Your final dose of a valid vaccine must be no more than 270 days before your departure date to be considered fully vaccinated. If you have received your booster jab there is no expiry date '.

Was that booster? If so then the 270 day rule doesn’t count. Itonly if you've had two jabs.

You’d think so. But the articles I’ve read say you need a written statement from a bank. A print-off from the internet wouldn’t suffice.

Given, however, that there is no official communication or announcement this is probably shite as well

You’d think so. But the articles I’ve read say you need a written statement from a bank. A print-off from the internet wouldn’t suffice.

Given, however, that there is no official communication or announcement this is probably shite as well
The best way to find out is read the government website. It's been updated.

Went through malaga airport last week .

All that got checked was passport , No one checked covid status or asked me how much money I had .

There was a few people before passport control that looked like they were covid checkers but they didn’t seem to be stopping anyone to check

The best way to find out is read the government website. It's been updated.

In an idle moment I clicked on your link… to the site that I have as one of my favourites anyway. Just to see the update that you suggest gives info on the topic under discussion.

There isn’t one.

Back