Holidaying abroad this year

Very likely. With no sign of a widespread 4th jab then the current passport system starts to fall apart. Can't see it lasting after the end of the summer unless there is a another wave in the autumn.

My task for this weekend is to get a couple of European city breaks booked.
Good, the sooner all this passport stuff gets binned the sooner I'll be able to rule out any in insidious stuff going on.

Be all change by then mate so long as you had your booster you be fine IMO so long as Spain fine . Tempted to get my own summer hols booked soon , already got an Easter weekender with the missus abroad sorted and a jolly boys Germany trip in September .
Hope you keeping well mate 👍
I am mate cheees, and you. Well I changed hol last year to this August. Priced it last week and was £600 cheaper and flying from newcastle rather than Glasgow so worth looking at moment!

Just reading that covid passports in the EU for travelling will be scrapped over the summer - that's what the gov here expect - will be done in unison across the block - no mention of travel from 3rd countries though

As everyone goes to great pains to point out to me all could change in a short time. Though it seems there is a reluctance to accept change over a short period of time when it’s something good. When it’s bad we believe things are going to change a lot in a short term. Funny.

However I hope you are right and it will happen before May.

With any decline in infection rates there is a slow choking of any requirement for any official documentation from you to prove anything. Little or no infection rates, no ability to prove that you have done the required in official documents like passes and tests. You won’t have done it. There is no need to do it.

As everyone goes to great pains to point out to me all could change in a short time. Though it seems there is a reluctance to accept change over a short period of time when it’s something good. When it’s bad we believe things are going to change a lot in a short term. Funny.

However I hope you are right and it will happen before May.

With any decline in infection rates there is a slow choking of any requirement for any official documentation from you to prove anything. Little or no infection rates, no ability to prove that you have done the required in official documents like passes and tests. You won’t have done it. There is no need to do it.

Won't happen before may

Spain saying you must have had all vaccinations and not be mote than 270 days ago , winder if they stick to that over the summer ?

Spain saying you must have had all vaccinations and not be mote than 270 days ago , winder if they stick to that over the summer ?
Doesn't apply if you have had a 'booster' though.

Only if you have only had your first two vaccinations.

It's an EU-wide directive that not all countries are yet adopting and has been explained earlier in this thread.

If you’re fully vaccinated​

If you’re fully vaccinated and travelling from the UK, you can enter Spain without needing to test or quarantine regardless of your reason for travel. Your vaccination status must meet the Spanish authorities’ validity period requirements.

• From 1 February onwards, at least 14 days must have passed since being fully vaccinated (with both doses of a 2-dose vaccine or one dose of a single-dose vaccine) before arrival in Spain. Your date(s) of vaccination must be specified and your final dose must have been administered within 270 days prior to travel to Spain. If you completed your vaccination (with both doses of a 2-dose vaccine or one dose of a single-dose vaccine) more than 270 days prior to travel to Spain, you must be able to show proof of having receiving a booster jab.

If you’re fully vaccinated​

If you’re fully vaccinated and travelling from the UK, you can enter Spain without needing to test or quarantine regardless of your reason for travel. Your vaccination status must meet the Spanish authorities’ validity period requirements.

• From 1 February onwards, at least 14 days must have passed since being fully vaccinated (with both doses of a 2-dose vaccine or one dose of a single-dose vaccine) before arrival in Spain. Your date(s) of vaccination must be specified and your final dose must have been administered within 270 days prior to travel to Spain. If you completed your vaccination (with both doses of a 2-dose vaccine or one dose of a single-dose vaccine) more than 270 days prior to travel to Spain, you must be able to show proof of having receiving a booster jab.

It will have been 20 weeks since my first booster (Dec 21) and 11 months since my last AZ jab (June 18) by the time I travel. I should be fine if it's about 8/9 months since the date of my last date of vaccine and I despite the date of my last of my 2 jabs being 11 months I shouldn't need prof I have had a booster if the date of my booster was within the 8/9 months.

Can someone double check this for to make sure I've got it right:

Adult son, teenage daughter and me travelling - all fully vaccinated.

We all need to pre-register on the Iceland government website before travelling.
We all need proof of vaccination.
Son and me need a supervised lateral flow 72 hours before travelling.
Daughter is exempt from testing as born after 2005.

First time travelling abroad since covid hit and I just want to make sure I get it right.

It will have been 20 weeks since my first booster (Dec 21) and 11 months since my last AZ jab (June 18) by the time I travel. I should be fine if it's about 8/9 months since the date of my last date of vaccine and I despite the date of my last of my 2 jabs being 11 months I shouldn't need prof I have had a booster if the date of my booster was within the 8/9 months.
See @Lambchops reply two posts above - once you've had the booster there's no time limit.

Back