Holidaying abroad this year

cases in portugal have been high lately. pro rata a lot worse than the uk.
we're off there in march.

Surprising to see such a surge in Portugal as their vaccination rates were among the highest in Europe and when I was in Porto in November the rules were stricter than the UK with better compliance and enforcement.

Surprising to see such a surge in Portugal as their vaccination rates were among the highest in Europe and when I was in Porto in November the rules were stricter than the UK with better compliance and enforcement.
aye. we were over a few times last year and the natives did seem to be a lot better at complying with their rules than here.

i think that no matter what any country does we'll all end up with about the same figures when this is all over. these are just my thoughts mind. the only ones that might be worse off are the poorer countries with limited vaccines which i honestly find heartbreaking.
sometimes we forget how lucky we are to live where we do in a developed part of the world and all the trappings that come with it.

We normally go to Hurghada on the Red Sea.
Health insurance is always expensive for me ( Transplant patient) but the cheapest quote I can find for October this year is 4 times more expensive than than the last one I had.
Camping in the Lakes is looking good.

We normally go to Hurghada on the Red Sea.
Health insurance is always expensive for me ( Transplant patient) but the cheapest quote I can find for October this year is 4 times more expensive than than the last one I had.
Camping in the Lakes is looking good.
2019 129 annual for 2
2022 401 annual for 2
Found only one firm that would insure me for a year
One trip was about £40 less for both of us

Spain (Inc canaries)-

Starting from February 1, Spain will only accept vaccination certificates that indicate that the holder has taken the last vaccine dose within 270 days.

This means that all persons regardless of their country of origin, who have received their last vaccine dose more than nine months ago will need to get a booster shot to be permitted entry to Spain.

Last edited:
So as long as u had 3 jabs it doesnt matter? Doesnt read like that.
See post #3358 on the previous page of this thread (below)- That's from the Czech Republic's website but it's an EU-wide directive apparently.
It's actually a banner at the top of the gov portal now

EU directive it seems

Makes it awkward for my trip to spain in late August as my booster was in early Dec. Hopefully changes by then.
There’s no way the rules in mid August will be the same as they are now. I wouldn’t even be thinking about them yet.
Can you not arrange for a booster shot like we would a routine dental appointment?
With the amount of research you’ve done for your jaunt in May I reckon you know the answer is no and you’re on another wind up 🤔

Spain (Inc canaries)-

Starting from February 1, Spain will only accept vaccination certificates that indicate that the holder has taken the last vaccine dose within 270 days.

This means that all persons regardless of their country of origin, who have received their last vaccine dose more than nine months ago will need to get a booster shot to be permitted entry to Spain.

That’s pretty much everything in a nutshell.

One question. Would it add to the validity of the Pass if you were to do a LFT?

If anyone is planning a trip to DK.

1st February all remaining restrictions are lifted here.

Only one left is a test for people entering the country if they are not vaccinated.

@mux @Cow

Last edited:
Just reading that covid passports in the EU for travelling will be scrapped over the summer - that's what the gov here expect - will be done in unison across the block - no mention of travel from 3rd countries though

Very likely. With no sign of a widespread 4th jab then the current passport system starts to fall apart. Can't see it lasting after the end of the summer unless there is a another wave in the autumn.

My task for this weekend is to get a couple of European city breaks booked.

Last edited:
Makes it awkward for my trip to spain in late August as my booster was in early Dec. Hopefully changes by then.
Be all change by then mate so long as you had your booster you be fine IMO so long as Spain fine . Tempted to get my own summer hols booked soon , already got an Easter weekender with the missus abroad sorted and a jolly boys Germany trip in September .
Hope you keeping well mate 👍

Back