Holiday Souvenirs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Afternoon all,

Mrs K and I have been away to Rhodes for a week. Canny place but the airport is a farce and the state of some Brits when they're on holiday is horrific to behold. Predominantly Scousers. Urgh.

When we were away we saw all kinds of local tat and genuinely nice stuff for sale to take home.
I myself have returned with a Mythos Beer t-shirt. As y'do. I drank enough of it I should have got it free but there you are.

However, as well as the magnets, olive skewers, bottles of olive oil and so on was this.

Logon or register to see this image

A rack of massive wooden cock bottle openers.
It doesn't exactly shout "I've been to Rhodes" does it.

What's the weirdest touristy crap you've seen/bought while you've been away?

My daughter (7 at the time) picked one of those up from shop in Mallorca, I asked her what it was and she said "it's a mushroom", of course, it is, good girl.

My daughter (7 at the time) picked one of those up from shop in Mallorca, I asked her what it was and she said "it's a mushroom", of course, it is, good girl.

You realise she's going to be traumatised when you tell her this story in later life.

This could also end in some very confused boyfriends who may need counselling

The what now?

I read somewhere that the greek government brought in a new tax for people staying in holiday accommodation. It was based on hotel down to self catering and I think it ranged for 5euros per person per night down to about 2 euros per room per night.

As you don't know about it, presumably you never paid, so might be starting on 1/1/18

I read somewhere that the greek government brought in a new tax for people staying in holiday accommodation. It was based on hotel down to self catering and I think it ranged for 5euros per person per night down to about 2 euros per room per night.

As you don't know about it, presumably you never paid, so might be starting on 1/1/18

I think I saw something in our room asking people not to being snacks or drinks bought from the supermarket down to the hotel pool for tax reasons.

Had a couple of those. Not everywhere in Pefkos had it. I think out of all of them I liked Zyphos the most
That's the one with the gold label isn't it?Everywhere sells Alfa.Mind I don't really go in that many bars out there.

Got a bit of the brickwork from the Colliseum in Rome, forgot I put it in my suitcase and surprisingly got through customs. Only remembered about it when I opened my case back home.

That's the one with the gold label isn't it?Everywhere sells Alfa.Mind I don't really go in that many bars out there.

If I'd looked for it in the shops I could have had it, but I liked Zyphos and it was a decent offer so I bought it.
Yes, the Gold Label one.

Got a bit of the brickwork from the Colliseum in Rome, forgot I put it in my suitcase and surprisingly got through customs. Only remembered about it when I opened my case back home.

What the hell did you do that for?!

If I'd looked for it in the shops I could have had it, but I liked Zyphos and it was a decent offer so I bought it.
Yes, the Gold Label one.

What the hell did you do that for?!
God knows, if I had been stopped , don't think the Italians would have been too happy knicking one of their ancient monuments . Totally forgot I had it in my case.

Last edited:
Is was in Pompei two year ago and this German bloke was walking about with a load of artefacts in a plastic bag- he'd obviously thought it was one giant free gift shop and he was nonchantly walking about with this bag of swag, till someone informed security and they carted him off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back