Holiday Souvenirs

Status
Not open for further replies.

When the youngest was still in his pushchair we were in one of those tourist shops in Spain , before I could stop him he'd grabbed for a hideous ceramic pot and it smashed to bits on the floor .
I was mortified and went to the counter to pay for it - so they carefully wrapped up all the bits for me and then put a tube of superglue in the bag :D

Afternoon all,

Mrs K and I have been away to Rhodes for a week. Canny place but the airport is a farce and the state of some Brits when they're on holiday is horrific to behold. Predominantly Scousers. Urgh.

When we were away we saw all kinds of local tat and genuinely nice stuff for sale to take home.
I myself have returned with a Mythos Beer t-shirt. As y'do. I drank enough of it I should have got it free but there you are.

However, as well as the magnets, olive skewers, bottles of olive oil and so on was this.

Logon or register to see this image

A rack of massive wooden cock bottle openers.
It doesn't exactly shout "I've been to Rhodes" does it.

What's the weirdest touristy crap you've seen/bought while you've been away?

It sounds like you need to raise your sights when looking for a holiday destination.

Has the new accommodation tax been brought in yet

The what now?

It sounds like you need to raise your sights when looking for a holiday destination.

To be fair, Rhodes was lovely. We stayed in Pefkos, but visited Lindos and Rhodes while we were there. Seems most places have been turned into souvenir shops. Not a surprise considering they make their money that way for 8 months of the year.
Wooden Dongs galore. Very odd.

What you got against these wooden cocks like? Had a case of arsehoop spelks haven't ya:lol:

They all looked pretty polished to me, but you'd have to ask the connoisseurs on this thread for their professional opinion.

That said if you yourself go around sticking bottle openers up your hoop, you deserve everything you get

Also we're going to New York in December.
So stick that in your gob and chew on it :lol:

Last edited:
Whooo look at me and my multiple holidays - pathetic!

arnly kidding pet xx

I know, right! To be fair, NYC was planned before this jaunt to Greece.
It's for Mrs K's 30th so it should be good. I've never been away in the winter so it could be interesting! I might even pack a coat :eek:

Afternoon all,

Mrs K and I have been away to Rhodes for a week. Canny place but the airport is a farce and the state of some Brits when they're on holiday is horrific to behold. Predominantly Scousers. Urgh.

When we were away we saw all kinds of local tat and genuinely nice stuff for sale to take home.
I myself have returned with a Mythos Beer t-shirt. As y'do. I drank enough of it I should have got it free but there you are.

However, as well as the magnets, olive skewers, bottles of olive oil and so on was this.

Do you holiday in Jarrow on something? Every resort in Europe has them ffs.

I'd always wanted to see Vesuvius. Wasn't disappointed when i got there and climbed to the top. I took with me a small plastic sealable bag to collect some ash. Tricky getting i through Security at Naples airport. I tried to explain. "It's already blown up man!! It is just ash." Eventually theycket me through and it sits in a small corked class bottle on my mantelpiece in my office at home, alongside a fossil from Dorset and a chunk of The Berlin Wall.

Send us a picture.

From New York? Alreet. I'll take my Sunderland scarf and or shirt

I'd always wanted to see Vesuvius. Wasn't disappointed when i got there and climbed to the top. I took with me a small plastic sealable bag to collect some ash. Tricky getting i through Security at Naples airport. I tried to explain. "It's already blown up man!! It is just ash." Eventually theycket me through and it sits in a small corked class bottle on my mantelpiece in my office at home, alongside a fossil from Dorset and a chunk of The Berlin Wall.

I was pretty pissed off when I got to the top and didn't see a smoking crater, but a tree growing in it.

From New York? Alreet. I'll take my Sunderland scarf and or shirt

I was pretty pissed off when I got to the top and didn't see a smoking crater, but a tree growing in it.
It was all on fire the other week, but deliberately started fires.

There was steam coming out when I was there. Still pretty impressive like.

Afternoon all,

I've got one of those along with a kangaroo knackers bottle opener

lol I picked up some small rocks when I was up there

i still had them in my pockets when I went to the airport ...and I had to empty my pockets at security...they just looked at me like I was an idiot

determined to go to sicily soon so I can go up Etna and bring back some more volcanic items

It was all on fire the other week, but deliberately started fires.

There was steam coming out when I was there. Still pretty impressive like.

The volcano on Lanzarote is still active. They throw a bucket of water in and it gets thrown back out as steam. We're going in January and the bairn is really excited about it as she's fascinated by volcanoes. She'll probably bring rocks back as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back