Holiday idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

anybody combined dubrovnik with split ? or are they too far apart ? leeds-dubrovnik..bus to split- leeds

or leeds to rome then using train to flornece/verona/venice - leeds ?

Researching a trip here next month, any recommendations Janie? Polignano a Mare caught my eye but I've not done tonnes of research thus far.
We stayed on the west coast in a little town, late September and it was well past the Italian season so the place was half closed down and very quiet, but temperatures still warm. Lack of buzzing night life doesn’t bother us, we mostly read, sleep, swim, and enter a high state of anxiety about lizards in the lights (see other thread). If you just want a good beach, you can’t go wrong, but October may be very, very quiet (eg restaurants closed). One day we drove down to Santa Maria di Leuce on the very tip of the heel. “Well now” we both said. Small but beautiful place, well off the normal tourist routes. Lecce is also lovely, as nice as many better known small Tuscan towns.

I have an Italian colleague whose family live just north of Bari, a bit we didn’t get to, and he swears by it. He’s just back from taking his kids there for a fortnight, and is all misty eyed about how much he’s missing it.

Have to say I bloody love Italy

Last edited by a moderator:
We stayed on the west coast in a little town, late September and it was well past the Italian season so the place was half closed down and very quiet, but temperatures still warm. Lack of buzzing night life doesn’t bother us, we mostly read, sleep, swim, and enter a high state of anxiety about lizards in the lights (see other thread). If you just want a good beach, you can’t go wrong, but October may be very, very quiet (eg restaurants closed). One day we drove down to Santa Maria di Leuce on the very tip of the heel. “Well now” we both said. Small but beautiful place, well off the normal tourist routes. Lecce is also lovely, as nice as many better known small Tuscan towns.

I have an Italian colleague whose family live just north of Bari, a bit we didn’t get to, and he swears by it. He’s just back from taking his kids there for a fortnight, and is all misty eyed about how much he’s missing it.

Have to say I bloody love Italy
Nice, thanks. Started looking on the West coast actually - Santa Maria Al Bagno. Will check out Santa Maria di Leuce!

Just looking for relaxation (reading, sleeping, lounging), a bit of warmth, a bit of scenery and - ideally - some nice food!

Nice, thanks. Started looking on the West coast actually - Santa Maria Al Bagno. Will check out Santa Maria di Leuce!

Just looking for relaxation (reading, sleeping, lounging), a bit of warmth, a bit of scenery and - ideally - some nice food!
The food is wonderful. Really simple - just a bit of grilled fish, or a very simple salad, but it’s delicious. Must be the quality and localness of the ingredients. The wine also excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back