Holiday idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

We went to Prai de Roche (sp) one of the most souless places I've ever been and the drivers were absolutely mental.
I hate purpose built resorts with no character.
I want to go to Lisbon though
That's possibly the worst place on the Algarve - your assessment sums it up perfectly. Even Albufeira has more about it - especially the Old Town

Alvor, Carvoeiro and Lagos knock spots off off everywhere else on the Algarve for me.

Algarve.

Gorgeous beaches. Did a jeep safari trip around rural Algarve, up into Monchique in the mountains, piri piri chicken at a restaurant for locals - loved that one! A coach trip showing the highlights of the Algarve - small towns with historical interest etc., and Cape St Vincent, the most south westerly point of Europe. Also did a speed boat trip out to see dolphins in the wild which my little one loved seeing.

There were also trips to Lisbon and trips into Spain to Granada or Seville or Gibraltar.
Sea is too cold darling

Fuck the “ must be Europe bit” and do New York.

Rockaway beach is about 5 miles long and Coney Island beach is great too. I went to both this Summer and it was as hot as the Med. The water wasn’t though!

Another vote for Croatia. Cheap flight from Leeds Bradford airport and picked up a car at Pula airport for £114 for 2 weeks car hire! Shame you don't want to drive because the roads are great. Drove up to Koper in Slovenia and Muggia in Italy from the apartment in Rovinj.
There are gravel beaches and crystal clear waters. I love the place.
Logon or register to see this image

We usually do Greek holidays lazy ones centred around the beach. SWMBO has just said tonight she wants a change.
She wants beach one day then a trip the next day. Not Spain.
Anyone got a suggestion ?
Must be Europe.
If it’s what she wants, tell the fucker to sort oot hersel ;)

We usually do Greek holidays lazy ones centred around the beach. SWMBO has just said tonight she wants a change.
Must be Europe.
Lake garda in italy. Plenty of different places to stay and jump on the boat and visit a different one every day or other day. Stayed in Bardolino a few years ago and had a great holiday. No beaches, but a huge lake, swimming pools at hotels, good food and drink, plenry places to go and have a walk around. We done a day trip to Venice as well, which was just under 2 hours away on a bus and Verona is well worth a day out to as well about 30/45minutes away. You have Garda, Bardolino, malcesine, sirimone etc, all round that side of the lake. Riva to the north is meant to be lovely as well.

Must be Europe.
Got to be algarve Portugal, beautiful place, we did Tavira' catch a ferry (2euros return) to the beach and what a beach , plenty of places to visit too,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back