Holiday cancellation refunds etc

• Thread starter Deleted member 14766
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
We go in 4 weeks to Orlando, spoke to virgin yesterday and I said I was happy for them to keep my money and change the date of the holiday, said I wasn’t willing to pay any more than we’d paid already. Phone call 30 mins later saying best she can do was another 3.5k.... said I’ll ring back in a week for a full refund.

£3.5k did you tell them you didn’t want an upgrade or the extra two weeks as well.

No way I'll be accepting a voucher if I dont have to. If everyone did that the prices will be bumped up. Perfect way for travel companies to claw some money back.
Wish jet2 would just confirm my holiday is being cancelled so I can get a refund sorted.
Same here, due to go to Croatia on 3rd May. I will defo be claiming the cash back. Prices for next year are already crazy!!

We go in 4 weeks to Orlando, spoke to virgin yesterday and I said I was happy for them to keep my money and change the date of the holiday, said I wasn’t willing to pay any more than we’d paid already. Phone call 30 mins later saying best she can do was another 3.5k.... said I’ll ring back in a week for a full refund.
Think this is what a lot of people are going to find for everything. airlines and travel agents saying oh yeh we’ll push your holiday /flight/ accommodation back at no admin charge, but They then tell you the price of it has shot up so you have to pay the difference.
The voucher schemes are gonna be a real ballache in this respect

They want to keep the money already paid in the tourism industry but then they are also going for their pound of flesh as well

Last edited:
Think this is what a lot of people are going to find for everything. airlines and travel agents saying oh yeh we’ll push your holiday /flight/ accommodation back at no admin charge, but They then tell you the price of it has shot up so you have to pay the difference.
The voucher schemes are gonna be a real ballache in this respect

They want to keep the money already paid in the tourism industry but then they are also going for their pound of flesh as well
This is a problem that will only contribute to the overall problem. If the industry were ‘fair and reasonable’ with us consumers, they would probably find a lot of people would be happy to push holidays back to next year but as you say they want there pound of flesh too. Its making a lot of people just think fuck it, i want my money back.

This is a problem that will only contribute to the overall problem. If the industry were ‘fair and reasonable’ with us consumers, they would probably find a lot of people would be happy to push holidays back to next year but as you say they want there pound of flesh too. Its making a lot of people just think fuck it, i want my money back.
Don’t blame anyone atm for saying way too much uncertainty and screwing people over so I’ll have my money back and if travel companies fold so be it, others will emerge at the end of it.
Getting vouchers for some unnamed future time when you have a good chance of being held to ransom is mental. Recession coming so I’d think a lot will be wise to get their dosh back and get it into their savings again.
Some fella a few posts up getting the yeh you can have your hols later but give us an extra 3.5k! Daylight robbery

Don’t blame anyone atm for saying way too much uncertainty and screwing people over so I’ll have my money back and if travel companies fold so be it, others will emerge at the end of it.
Getting vouchers for some unnamed future time when you have a good chance of being held to ransom is mental. Recession coming so I’d think a lot will be wise to get their dosh back and get it into their savings again.
Some fella a few posts up getting the yeh you can have your hols later but give us an extra 3.5k! Daylight robbery
Completely agree. Tui doing the same with us, want another £1100 for the identical holiday next year. Ive already paid £4200 so im sitting tight for a refund.

Emirates are f***ing arsewipes mate. Refusing my sister a 1200 refund from a trip to Dubai. Quite entitled to one, but they digging heels in, just offering vouchers

Emirates are terrible. They were 6 hours late getting me to Bangalore from Dubai and I missed the internal flight to Goa, they couldn't give a shiny shite. I had to spend a night in a hotel and pay for another flight the next day. Luckily I'd booked through kiwi.com and they have a connections guarantee and they were great, I'll always use them now.

Completely agree. Tui doing the same with us, want another £1100 for the identical holiday next year. Ive already paid £4200 so im sitting tight for a refund.
Their just forcing people’s hands to go for the refund, it’ll vote them on the arse when people use different airlines/ holiday firms next time out due to lost trust

We have £3200 tied up with Tui for a holiday in May. I want my money back as a future credit will be worthless if the company goes into bankruptcy. I will then become a creditor and get next to nowt in a refund.
Bought this holiday a week after the refund from Thomas Cook came through!

We have £3200 tied up with Tui for a holiday in May. I want my money back as a future credit will be worthless if the company goes into bankruptcy. I will then become a creditor and get next to nowt in a refund.

Awch, unlucky that mind!

How did you pay? CC?

I've found the jinx !!
20200327_COVID-19_Impacto-económico.DELOITE.pdf

If you put this into google report saying foreign tourist on track to be allowed in December

Last edited:

Pre-zactly. And a whole of resentment that will carry over.

Pre-zactly. And a whole of resentment that will carry over.
Will do if the industry get to change the rules on refunds, could end up with a shit load of people with vouchers they have to massively top up for the same holiday, or end up going to places they wouldn’t have chosen as that’s all their vouchers will cover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back