Holiday cancellation refunds etc

• Thread starter Deleted member 14766
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
For anyone flying with BA (like myself in June flying to NYC), have a look at the wiki on their frequent flyers forum - apparently there's a way to get a hidden cash refund link if you fiddle about with your browser's javascript settings. No way I'll be accepting a voucher as its inevitable that prices for flights next year will be outrageous!

Man in the street getting fucked again if that comes to pass
Yep. Ive paid 1500 off a total of 4700 for a Mexico holiday in July with Tui. The deposit was 750, I started doing direct debit to get the bill down.balance is due May 6th. Like fuck do I want to pay the rest in this climate.stuck in limbo atm

Google holiday refund suspension mate. Article from the Independent. Not nice reading.
Seen that a few days back. Nothing confirmed yet though is it?
I think the only reason we havent been refunded for our holiday yet (in may) is because they are hoping this goes through soon.

My insurance wont refund if its cancelled and I didnt use a credit card to book so I'm knackered really.

thought that was just being discussed currently tho and nothing passed?

get those charge backs in quick!
Won’t take long to pass as peak holiday season approaches as it’ll be a shit load of cash the companies want to hold onto/ extract from people so they don’t lose what they have paid so far.
No doubt be loads that will be thinking to cut losses and write off the deposit.
Any flights pushed back will be at the mercy of the sorry give they’ve went up in price by x amount

thought that was just being discussed currently tho and nothing passed?

get those charge backs in quick!
Reading between the lines the operators are treading water and delaying payments till this is passed through government.it will be retrospective so the operators get their way. They don't have the cash to give us back. They rely on future bookings to keep the cash flow going. Perfect storm this for them.they are fucked.

Reading between the lines the operators are treading water and delaying payments till this is passed through government.it will be retrospective so the operators get their way. They don't have the cash to give us back. They rely on future bookings to keep the cash flow going. Perfect storm this for them.they are fucked.
It’s a shit situation mate, hope you get it sorted so you’re not outta pocket through no fault of your own

France has already agreed a deal to keep customers cash for 18 month before offering a refund. We won't be far behind.in one month alone £2billion worth of holidays were cancelled. It ain't even the holiday season yet. Fuck knows how much has already been taken ( and spent) by tour operators for the rest of this year

£3.5k did you tell them you didn’t want an upgrade or the extra two weeks as well.
Ha ha, it’s already cost me 12k so far, they can get fucked if they think they’re getting another penny out of me. Had it in me head she was going to offer some sort of upgrade to keep the money in.

Ha ha, it’s already cost me 12k so far, they can get fucked if they think they’re getting another penny out of me. Had it in me head she was going to offer some sort of upgrade to keep the money in.

I've not really got a fancy for Florida, not sure why, everyone that I know who has been say how good it is.

I've not really got a fancy for Florida, not sure why, everyone that I know who has been say how good it is.
Went when I was a kid then we took the kids a few years back, got to admit I wasn’t looking forward to it but loved it.

If you do go, go out of season when the parks are quiet... we were literally walking on rides no waiting, one of our mates went in the summer and they managed to get on 3-4 rides per park. Most of the time we went to parks early morning and were done by 1-2 and spent the remainder of the day chilling by the pool.

Cabana bay is fantastic and couldn’t be better location wise.

Went when I was a kid then we took the kids a few years back, got to admit I wasn’t looking forward to it but loved it.

If you do go, go out of season when the parks are quiet... we were literally walking on rides no waiting, one of our mates went in the summer and they managed to get on 3-4 rides per park. Most of the time we went to parks early morning and were done by 1-2 and spent the remainder of the day chilling by the pool.

Cabana bay is fantastic and couldn’t be better location wise.
I know someone who has retired and spends 3 months here 3 months at his place in Florida 3 months home etc. This is my goal for retirement, not sure I will be that lucky but that would be fantastic.

Noticed the the foreign and commonwealth office have updated the travel advisory overnight. Now its an indefinite timescale on worldwide travel so no longer 16th april.

Noticed the the foreign and commonwealth office have updated the travel advisory overnight. Now its an indefinite timescale on worldwide travel so no longer 16th april.
Now does that allow holiday companies to say well we don’t know if you can fly or not on any given date so no refund until the proposed day of departure itself or does it allow everyone to claim back for months in advance 🤔

Last edited:
Now does that allow holiday companies to say well we don’t know if you can fly or not on any given date so no refund until the proposed day of departure itself or does it allow everyone to claim back for months in advance 🤔
I think it just confuses the situation even more. Travel companies now have the scope to wait till the very last minute before they cancel flights/holidays which really doesn't help at all. Probably preying on peoples fears of losing out altogether so rebooking next year an a big increase on price. Imo a bad move from the government. I dont know why they couldnt just do it in 30 day increments.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it just confuses the situation even more. Travel companies now have the scope to wait till the very last minute before they cancel flights/holidays which really doesn't help at all. Probably preying on peoples fears of losing out altogether so rebooking next year an a big increase on price. Imo a bad move from the government. I dont know why they couldnt just do it in 30 day increments.
Aye it muddies the waters even worse because a fair few don’t want pay the balances on holidays they know won’t be taking place this losing deposits etc and if they do pay there’s every chance they’ll be fobbed off with vouchers at some point and massive increases for their rearranged holiday which some may not even be able to justify or afford in the aftermath

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back