Holiday cancellation refunds etc

• Thread starter Deleted member 14766
  • Start date
I had an airbnb booked for June in Edinburgh for the daughters graduation but it's now been cancelled. I emailed the owner and he said not to worry and he would pay back the whole amount with no cancellation charge but I've just looked and only half has went back onto the credit card (£105). I would have hoped that airbnb would have refunded the £37 service charge?
Air BnB refunded me everything. Think it was because of the travel restrictions. Send them a message and say non essential travel is not allowed? June is probably too far away for that yet though. Could be allowed by then.

You’ve done well. Are they nice hotels? They look good on the images.
We mainly go to the ones in playa blanca Lanzarote
Rubicon Palace lovely bit out of town nice walk in but taxi only €5 used this all the time but thay decided to go up market and priced us out (they now lowered prices but too late)
We now go to Lanzarote Princess right in the centre near the beach and bars restaurants. Its hardly Benidorm but we like it been going 15year or so
We were going to Ocean Suites in Fuerteventura but obvs gor cancelled

Flight with Ryanair next week was cancelled two weeks ago. Refund claimed and email received to say processing but still nothing. Also a Jet2 flight but not sure if refund received on that as missus booked it.

Jet2 holiday in middle of May to Spain. No word on it yet but it's obviously not going to be going ahead. Will want a refund rather than rebook.
Jet 2 site states that they are issuing refunds for all holidays up to end of April and then they will review the situation again in may. Mines booked with them for July and I’m fully expecting it to be cancelled - I’ll have to wait till they ‘review’ though as I’d you cancel yourself you lose any deposit

Nice April 18th - Easyjet flights I can refund I think if I can get in touch with them.
Accore Mercure hotel pre paid £500, at moment they saying can only rebook or voucher, not sure if I can get refund.
Munich July (euro qf) - lufthansa flight, need to rebook for next year i think, hotel free cancellation.
Salou August, full sum will be due may, will wait and see!
If hotel was non refundable in april when travel restrictions in place, should that be refund?

We mainly go to the ones in playa blanca Lanzarote
Rubicon Palace lovely bit out of town nice walk in but taxi only €5 used this all the time but thay decided to go up market and priced us out (they now lowered prices but too late)
We now go to Lanzarote Princess right in the centre near the beach and bars restaurants. Its hardly Benidorm but we like it been going 15year or so
We were going to Ocean Suites in Fuerteventura but obvs gor cancelled

Thanks. We’ve looked at most of those places and noticed they were pretty pricey.

We managed to get a good deal by travelling from Edinburgh and staying in Lanzarote Gardens in Costa Teguise. Very much doubt we’ll get there mind you even in August.

So far:

Ryanair early April booking. Flight cancelled. Offered Refund. Claimed. Nothing received.

Ryanair late April booking. No communication.

Holiday Cottage booking in late May. Deposit paid. Emailed enquiry about transferring deposit. No reply. Email today saying they will be taking remainder of money next week plus a returnable damage deposit. Obviously it’s an automated email but are they really saying they expect us to travel to a cottage in Scotland next month.
one of the travel experts gave advise along the lines off, for holidays in the future.

if you pay on the date required, then you have fulfilled your contractual obligations and if the holiday is cancelled, then you get a full refund.

if you don't pay on the date required, then you have broke the contract and therefore no refund

whether that has changed, ive no idea

So far:

Ryanair early April booking. Flight cancelled. Offered Refund. Claimed. Nothing received.

Ryanair late April booking. No communication.

Holiday Cottage booking in late May. Deposit paid. Emailed enquiry about transferring deposit. No reply. Email today saying they will be taking remainder of money next week plus a returnable damage deposit. Obviously it’s an automated email but are they really saying they expect us to travel to a cottage in Scotland next month.

This is what i had from Ryanair
Dear Customer,

I refer to your recent request for a refund on your booking confirmation O2W1XI.

Due to the high volume of flight cancellations due to COVID 19, we are experiencing an unprecedented high volume of requests. We are currently working through the backlog and ask that you please bear with us.

Please do not resubmit your request.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Yours sincerely,
Ryanair Customer Services

Probably accidentally misleading- not in the hosts gift to refund the Airbnb fees. If ask Airbnb to refund out of goodwill

No I don't expect him to refund the £37 service charge but he said he would give me all I paid him (so no 50% cancellation fee). He has to give me the remaining £105.
Can you claim back travel insurance on holidays that have been scrapped due to the virus ?

Yes normally, check your policy.

Balls deep with two holidays . Over 10k in total, May and August departures . May has had flights cancelled by emirates . Company won’t speak until 7 days prior .

sitting tight and will invoke section 75 if need to after the date of departure

This is what i had from Ryanair
Dear Customer,

I refer to your recent request for a refund on your booking confirmation O2W1XI.

Due to the high volume of flight cancellations due to COVID 19, we are experiencing an unprecedented high volume of requests. We are currently working through the backlog and ask that you please bear with us.

Please do not resubmit your request.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Yours sincerely,
Ryanair Customer Services

me too

Back