Hjelde

I see a lot of our fans slating him after todays performance.

IMO he has looked solid, playing out of position also, which shouldn’t be forgotten.

Thoughts?
No better that Seelt also played out of position. But Seelt was dropped.
Cirkin and alesé are much better when fit. The sooner one of them is back and match fit the better.

We had to sign someone given the injuries to the 3 main players that could play left back (Huggins cirkin and alesé), but his distribution is poor and he rarely blocks a cross when one on one with the opposition winger.
Nearly everyone we sign is injury prone. Cheap options.

Last edited:
He seemed to spenf half the time in the second half moaning about getting kicked instead of cracking on. His passing is woeful and I noticed O'Nien having a go at him....according to other posters O'Nien did the same against Huddersfield. Wonderful...even more problems to sort out. Please let Alese be in training pics this week.

whilst he does like a punt, often its needed as we are now being pressed out of passing from the back. every team has a 4 strong high press which usually gets the balll in our half, inviting pressure on.

If there were players strong enough to hold onto his punts, we would be deadly on the counter with Clarke.

But Mr Beale fails to see this, like most things, or chooses to ignore it

Ballard sold to who like? He’s a long long way off premier league level.
If no premier league teams come in for him in the summer ( which would surprise me as he's class), there will be a number of top half championship teams keen to sign him up.Boolmark this, we'll lose him in the summer.

If no premier league teams come in for him in the summer ( which would surprise me as he's class), there will be a number of top half championship teams keen to sign him up.Boolmark this, we'll lose him in the summer.
He’s not class. He’s nowhere near class

Couple of poor balls but Clarke was probably guilty of more rubbish passing. On the whole he was okay. Both goals conceded were collective failures to clear despite opportunity to do so coupled with poor keeping and a bit of bad luck.
I’d be tempted next game to go three at the back with Seelt central, O’Nien right and Hjielde left.

Last edited:
Started brightly enough, not been as impressive in the last couple of games. Often happens with lads that haven't played much football in a while. They get in the team and the adrenaline's going, energy levels are high and they make a good impression. There's a natural drop off that follows as they adapt to playing week in week out.

He looks a decent enough player, he'll be fine.

He was thrown in at the deep end (unlike some of the new signings) So had to blend in with the way we play. I dont know how anyone can judge him after just Three games ??

Hes only 20 as well so all considered Leos done ok imo .

Back