Hjelde

Ballard sold to who like? He’s a long long way off premier league level.
There will be a few lower premier league teams looking for cheap players to bring in, many of them won’t be willing to pay the price & wage demands of established premier league players. By cheap I mean around £10m. Most of the premier teams are maxed out on FFP.

Not sure why, if the identified need was for a left back, we signed a 6'2" centre back.

Not sure why, if the identified need was for a left back, we signed a 6'2" centre back.

In his first interview on club media he said he was a ball playing centre half that can play left back. We’re playing him left back and I’ve not seen the ball playing credentials as of yet. I think he’s shown a bit of basic competency defensively. Not the worst player we’ve signed but not an improvement.

If he's a centre back who can't get us progressing with his running or distribution, why not play him as an inverted full back and allow him to become a third central defender in possession? This could then free up one of the more technical central midfielders to get up and link with Clarke without having to worry so much defensively.

I see a lot of our fans slating him after todays performance.

IMO he has looked solid, playing out of position also, which shouldn’t be forgotten.

Thoughts?
He's not a bad player clearly, but vs Plymouth made a few mistakes and was at fault in the run up to the goal on Wednesday.
Seelt did nothing wrong that warranted being dropped in the first place.

I'm the complete opposite, I see people saying he is great from the first game he played, personally I don't see it myself. All I have noticed is sloppy passing and poor defending, I know you can say that about most of them but from what I seen of him he looks shite.

If he remains fit its a bonus

The others are totally unreliable to last a couple of games although they ae obviously better players but totally unreliable

Back