Hillsborough

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would of happened if those people without tickets had stayed at home and dont forget many were already inside before the gates were opened,and it wasnt just a few dozen either,more like 2000-5000
Eh did you read my post?

I respect your opinion but the fact remains that thousands of Liverpool fans were there without tickets and knowingly entered the ground. They had no right being there and should take responsibility for their actions. Just like people in Liverpool didn't want to take any responsibility for their part in the Heysel disaster.

Yes the Police may have made some mistakes but if those people without tickets weren't there it would never have happened.

Innocent people lost their lives because of the events.

Every week people attend sold out stadiums without major tragedy. Why, because those without tickets don't cause problems and just stay away. Liverpool fans are trying to make out they had no part to play in the disaster, yes they did, and more to the point they triggered the catastrophic events.
Sth Yorks police and govt video analysts even say you're talking shit.....and they've got skin in the game.

Reactions: Sid
That he even applied for a role with Merseyside police speaks volumes about his lack of self awareness.

Really? :eek:

I've followed some areas of the case in the past but not really paid that much attention to some of the individuals, barring what happened on the day, but I find that incredible.

Terible news for the families, doesn’t sit right with me but if there is insufficient evidence it’s the right decision. Can’t just lynch the guy without a fair trial/hearing.

Sorry if I offend anyone here but I'm not blaming the Police for the tragedy. They did what they felt was best at the time. What some people fail to understand is the problem was caused by thousands of Liverpool fans without tickets who were hellbent on being there. It was truly devastating that people died but why aren't the scousers who shouldn't have been in the stadium standing up and taking responsibility for their actions. If they didn't have a ticket they shouldn't have been there nevermind trying to force their way into the ground.

It's time the people from Liverpool looked at their own moronic fans and demanded those who shouldn't have been there admitted it was their fault. No matter what the Police did they were fighting a losing battle.

The so called fans who caused the tragedy are to blame.

If people don't like the truth then ban me as I wont stand by and watch good people trying to do their job take the blame for a situation they tried their best to control. Wake up people, the only reason it happened is because people who had no right to be in that stadium pushed their way in and killed the innocent fans who had tickets.

No they weren't it simply not true and i'm surprised that anyone still believes this myth. Nobody who has followed the story now believes this. Seriously where do you get it from? There were barely any Liverpool fans without tickets in that ground and this has been clearly established in a court of law that it made no contribution to the events of the day. Some people have newspaper headlines from the days after ingrained in their heads.

Terible news for the families, doesn’t sit right with me but if there is insufficient evidence it’s the right decision. Can’t just lynch the guy without a fair trial/hearing.

Coppers thought it was alright to lynch the families via the media and other channels for decades.

How can they not have had a hand in the consequences. If those without tickets hadn't been there it would never have happened. It's far easier to blame the authorities than apportion blame because they can be identified. I would never go to a game or any other event without a ticket.

Do you honestly believe those who were there without tickets are innocent. Would they have been honest and admitted to it. Not a cat in hells chance. They will have lied their backsides off as the friends and families of those who died would have lynched them.

I have nothing but sympathy for the families who lost loved ones.
Can you put some evidence up of how many were ticketless?How many were drunk,how many gained enterance without a ticket?

Really? :eek:

I've followed some areas of the case in the past but not really paid that much attention to some of the individuals, barring what happened on the day, but I find that incredible.

From the BBC article

She said the remaining charge related to Sir Norman's alleged use of the word, "peripheral" in describing his role in the South Yorkshire Police response when he applied for the job of Chief Constable of Merseyside Police in 1998, which had now been "partly retracted" by one witness.

Coppers thought it was alright to lynch the families via the media and other channels for decades.
Oh I agree, they’re a bunch of cūnts, but to charge and convict someone in a court of law you can’t cut corners. If there’s not enough evidence for a conviction it’s a waste of time and money.

Every week people attend sold out stadiums without major tragedy. Why, because those without tickets don't cause problems and just stay away. Liverpool fans are trying to make out they had no part to play in the disaster, yes they did, and more to the point they triggered the catastrophic events.

You're talking absolute shit tbh, how can you even relate the state of stadiums and arenas now (likely to have safety certificates too) policing etc to then and standing in stadiums? Actually I'm quite glad you've mentioned it as at many large events these days there's cordons in place and police placed at areas to channel and divert fans into the right areas and avoid congestion and if they aren't in place it's generally because it's been purpose built with space to account for it anyway, something Hillsborough wasn't. The lack of cordons for instance is something that's been mentioned in the inquest, as it's something which had been there the previous year for the same stage of the FA Cup and something pretty standard when controlling big crowds. but alas wasn't in 1989 at Hillsborough.

Something else that's mentioned is delaying the game when they knew there was 5,800 fans still to come in at 2:30 on the day through 7 turnstiles (police had taken the decision to close some to keep forest fans away from Liverpool fans). Your constant theme about hundreds or thousands of ticketless fans and the overcrowding it supposedly caused isn't backed up by the evidence or the facts. Look clearly at ten to three and you'll see congestion in the central areas of Leppings Lane, but terraces easily visible either side. There's a
Logon or register to see this image
taken from the corner of the ground on 3.07 where again clearly the crush is central, yet space is clearing visible. Clearly that's because fans hadn't been policed into the correct areas, not because there were hundereds or thousands of ticketless Liverpool fans.

A lot of this comes back to Duckenfield's inexperience given he hadn't been match commander before and had no experience of Hillsborough. Opening gate C at the time they did, given the already congested central area of the Leppings Lane end allowing 2000 fans in, some of the decisions made after that and more so the lying and the cover up, then those people need to be held accountable. If you've bought the bullshit about ticketless Liverpool fans and given your comment about them not wanting to accept blame for Heysel (which they have and mark it each year) more fool you.

Yes the Police may have made some mistakes but if those people without tickets weren't there it would never have happened.

Innocent people lost their lives because of the events.

Every week people attend sold out stadiums without major tragedy. Why, because those without tickets don't cause problems and just stay away.

I have certainly attended big matches in that era not having a ticket before I got there and also after consuming alcohol. I would place a bet that many people on this board have too. It could easily have happened if it had been Sunderland there that day.

It's another absolute kick in the teeth for everyone who've pushed for the inquiry and yet again shows how totally imbalanced our so called democratic society is.
Totally agree with your comment -you just have to take a look at how the Tories are looking after their own parties interests on Brexit before the countries interests to see how they have never changed over the years

Copper supported by the Sun and Maggie

Last edited:
What would of happened if those people without tickets had stayed at home and dont forget many were already inside before the gates were opened,and it wasnt just a few dozen either,more like 2000-5000

Exactly the same thing would have happened as there was barely any Liverpool fans in that ground without tickets and this has been proven in a court of law. What makes you think that there were thousands of Liverpool fans there without tickets? Where do you get tat information from?

Exactly the same thing would have happened as there was barely any Liverpool fans in that ground without tickets and this has been proven in a court of law. What makes you think that there were thousands of Liverpool fans there without tickets? Where do you get tat information from?
Not sure he is the full shilling.

Sorry if I offend anyone here but I'm not blaming the Police for the tragedy. They did what they felt was best at the time. What some people fail to understand is the problem was caused by thousands of Liverpool fans without tickets who were hellbent on being there. It was truly devastating that people died but why aren't the scousers who shouldn't have been in the stadium standing up and taking responsibility for their actions. If they didn't have a ticket they shouldn't have been there nevermind trying to force their way into the ground.

It's time the people from Liverpool looked at their own moronic fans and demanded those who shouldn't have been there admitted it was their fault. No matter what the Police did they were fighting a losing battle.

The so called fans who caused the tragedy are to blame.

If people don't like the truth then ban me as I wont stand by and watch good people trying to do their job take the blame for a situation they tried their best to control. Wake up people, the only reason it happened is because people who had no right to be in that stadium pushed their way in and killed the innocent fans who had tickets.

I held the same opinion as you for quite some time, but several unbiased lawyers, judges, police and politicians have looked at all the evidence and concluded that fans were not to blame.

Those that have investigated this will have had access witness statements, police statements, forensic evidence, CCTV and god knows what else. It’s reasonable to assume they have a better understanding of the disaster than you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back