Hillsborough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Where are the people who decided fencing in football fans was safe? They should be the ones in the dock

Guilty of mismanagement of the situation and a disgusting cover up but not murder - the people who allowed that ground a safety certificate are the guilty ones

I don't think it had a valid safety certificate at the time!

dont worry comrade corbyn is the next PM,a known visitor to IRA
Disappointing but if the evidence isn’t there the evidence isn’t there.

The evidence of one of the now living witnesses essentially amounts to “he once told me this over a pint in a pub”. Although I have not of course read the evidence in any great detail, you can see why the CPS are shaky about the prospects of conviction. Unfortunately.
I see the families believe the wrong charges had been brought in the first place. I reckon thats a familiar tactic by the estbalishment and its tool the CPS. Offen distracts from a cover up or whitewash. The Stokes case a recent example of this.
this, although I'm not sure about the stokes case at all but he was charged with rather spongy offences relating to what he said afterwards rather than in relation to his culpability
One of the charges was that he lied in a job interview iirc

So 2 people who gave evidence against him basically lied. Not a surprise the charges have been dropped then really.
Well considering the offence in question relates to refers to a job interview for Merseyside police the witnesses to his statement are al likely to be senior police officers and- the statement was only partly redacte as well, which is quite common in relation to something that was said 20 years ago I imagine

correct the IRA killed thousands..as did the Arab terrorist's...
Mate, there is peace in Northern Ireland, get over it

Sorry if I offend anyone here but I'm not blaming the Police for the tragedy. They did what they felt was best at the time. What some people fail to understand is the problem was caused by thousands of Liverpool fans without tickets who were hellbent on being there. It was truly devastating that people died but why aren't the scousers who shouldn't have been in the stadium standing up and taking responsibility for their actions. If they didn't have a ticket they shouldn't have been there nevermind trying to force their way into the ground.

It's time the people from Liverpool looked at their own moronic fans and demanded those who shouldn't have been there admitted it was their fault. No matter what the Police did they were fighting a losing battle.

The so called fans who caused the tragedy are to blame.

If people don't like the truth then ban me as I wont stand by and watch good people trying to do their job take the blame for a situation they tried their best to control. Wake up people, the only reason it happened is because people who had no right to be in that stadium pushed their way in and killed the innocent fans who had tickets.

Sorry if I offend anyone here but I'm not blaming the Police for the tragedy. They did what they felt was best at the time. What some people fail to understand is the problem was caused by thousands of Liverpool fans without tickets who were hellbent on being there. It was truly devastating that people died but why aren't the scousers who shouldn't have been in the stadium standing up and taking responsibility for their actions. If they didn't have a ticket they shouldn't have been there nevermind trying to force their way into the ground.

It's time the people from Liverpool looked at their own moronic fans and demanded those who shouldn't have been there admitted it was their fault. No matter what the Police did they were fighting a losing battle.

If people don't like the truth then ban me as I wont stand by and watch good people trying to do their job take the blame for a situation they tried their best to control. Wake up people, the only reason it happened is because people who had no right to be in that stadium pushed their way in and killed the innocent fans who had tickets.
Well to be very very clear about this, the recent inquiry and government positions states unequivocally that it was not the fans to blame. More importantly you have totally misunderstood that the legal issue at stake here is not merely the incompetence of the police and authorities that led to the death of 96 people, by being crushed, but the fact that these people consistently lied about their role and culpability in the tragedy. They didn't lie because they were doing what they felt was best at the time they Lied becuase they got 96 people killed and didn't want to get into trouble for it. The twat got a knighthood ffs

Well to be very very clear about this, the recent inquiry and government positions states unequivocally that it was not the fans to blame. More importantly you have totally misunderstood that the legal issue at stake here is not merely the incompetence of the police and authorities that led to the death of 96 people, by being crushed, but the fact that these people consistently lied about their role and culpability in the tragedy. They didn't lie because they were doing what they felt was best at the time they Lied becuase they got 96 people killed and didn't want to get into trouble for it. The twat got a knighthood ffs

I respect your opinion but the fact remains that thousands of Liverpool fans were there without tickets and knowingly entered the ground. They had no right being there and should take responsibility for their actions. Just like people in Liverpool didn't want to take any responsibility for their part in the Heysel disaster.

Yes the Police may have made some mistakes but if those people without tickets weren't there it would never have happened.

Innocent people lost their lives because of the events.

Every week people attend sold out stadiums without major tragedy. Why, because those without tickets don't cause problems and just stay away. Liverpool fans are trying to make out they had no part to play in the disaster, yes they did, and more to the point they triggered the catastrophic events.

I respect your opinion but the fact remains that thousands of Liverpool fans were there without tickets and knowingly entered the ground. They had no right being there and should take responsibility for their actions. Just like people in Liverpool didn't want to take any responsibility for their part in the Heysel disaster.

Yes the Police may have made some mistakes but if those people without tickets weren't there it would never have happened.

Every week people attend sold out stadiums without major tragedy. Why, because those without tickets don't cause problems and just stay away. Liverpool fans are trying to make out they had no part to play in the disaster, yes they did, and more to the point they triggered the catastrophic events.
both parties were to blame,one hid from it the other denied any wrong doing and blamed the other...simple as that,we can go on and on and on,but that is the TRUTH

Despite every bit of evidence saying otherwise,despite the changing of statements,despite the lies you still believe the fans were at fault

the prosecution relates to the accused having lied about his role in the tragedy.

Police did not make some mistakes, they deliberately lied.

Question for those condemning this, what would have happened if the gates hadn't been opened and 70 people got killed with collapsing walls and being trampled?

Despite every bit of evidence saying otherwise,despite the changing of statements,despite the lies you still believe the fans were at fault

How can they not have had a hand in the consequences. If those without tickets hadn't been there it would never have happened. It's far easier to blame the authorities than apportion blame because they can be identified. I would never go to a game or any other event without a ticket.

Do you honestly believe those who were there without tickets are innocent. Would they have been honest and admitted to it. Not a cat in hells chance. They will have lied their backsides off as the friends and families of those who died would have lynched them.

I have nothing but sympathy for the families who lost loved ones.

Question for those condemning this, what would have happened if the gates hadn't been opened and 70 people got killed with collapsing walls and being trampled?
What would of happened if those people without tickets had stayed at home and dont forget many were already inside before the gates were opened,and it wasnt just a few dozen either,more like 2000-5000

Where are the people who decided fencing in football fans was safe? They should be the ones in the dock

Guilty of mismanagement of the situation and a disgusting cover up but not murder - the people who allowed that ground a safety certificate are the guilty ones
Don't think it had one. The subjects always seems to be brushed over imho to keep South yorks council, Sheffield wed board, Sheffield police, the FA etc out of prison. I'd like to think I was wrong....

What would of happened if those people without tickets had stayed at home and dont forget many were already inside before the gates were opened,and it wasnt just a few dozen either,more like 2000-5000
You're talking shite.

Reactions: Sid
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back