Heworth Roundabout

Status
Not open for further replies.

I’ve cycled over it a lot and you don’t half notice the massive holes in the tarmac when your on skinny road bike tyres. I’m surprised it’s taken until now for the work to start, it’s probably about 3-4 years over due.

its shit but unavoidable, i'm starting a 50 week job next to Gateshead stadium next monday. might sound daft, and unachievable in a lot of cases, but leaving for work 40 minutes earlier is my solution. i'd rather sit on site, get some work done, or just have a coffee in peace and fart about on the SMB for a bit than be sat in traffic, it drives my anxiety through the roof. guarantee when you get to the front of the queue there will be stacks of people leaving massive gaps in front of them because the light is on green. and people generally driving like utter fannies.

This is the only practical approach to what will be six months of crap..

Logon or register to see this image

6 months. Bloody hell.

12 months for the works down near port of tyne

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/new...ageddon-drivers-south-tyne-roadworks-14159527

Meanwhile, the £8.1 million scheme aiming to alleviate congestion at the bottleneck junction of the A185 and A194 – the Arches - will get under way later this month.

The scheme, which is expected to last for 12 months, involves changing both the Arches and Hobson Way roundabouts into signalised junctions, and providing a new one-way link from Hobson Way to Jarrow Road.

Carmageddon for drivers south of the Tyne with roadworks at Heworth and Arches junction
Gateshead Council and South Tyneside Council have announced work on Heworth roundabout and Arches junction will start at the end of January

Anneliese Hutchinson, service director for development, transport and public protection at Gateshead Council: “We were fully aware of the works in South Shields and we always try to co-ordinate works to minimise disruption where possible.

“However, the government requires us to spend this money within this current financial year so we are unable to delay the work at Heworth roundabout any further.

“In addition, any further delay to the essential maintenance and repairs at Heworth roundabout would increase the risk of more serious damage to the bridges, which would take much longer to repair, cost more and cause traffic congestion for even longer.

My daughter (no) has an interview in Jesmond in couple weeks time , has to drive from where works in seaham , can get away at4 and interview is 5... so , should she drive via felling by pass n heworth and still to go over Tyne bridge or is better option now to go through Tyne tunnel ?
Cheers

My daughter (no) has an interview in Jesmond in couple weeks time , has to drive from where works in seaham , can get away at4 and interview is 5... so , should she drive via felling by pass n heworth and still to go over Tyne bridge or is better option now to go through Tyne tunnel ?
Cheers

Tyne tunnel I would go

Cheers
Empty your inbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back