Heworth Roundabout

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went through earlier than normal. Heading from Newcastle it’s not too bad. It’s all the people heading into Newcastle. I’d be hopping on a metro everyday rather than sit in that at 6.30 on a morning.

It’s going to be be nuts for the next 8 months

Just went up past the Lakeside and over Whitemare Pool. A Bit more traffic than normal but OK.
I seen see a Metro replacement bus next to the petrol station so i dont know if they are off or not.

joined at 0713 at whitemare pool roundabout and eventually got through the roadworks at 0735.

gonna get there 10 minutes earlier every day till i find a nice balance

I forgot to add, some absolute tit had stopped their car as it had broken down less than 5 metres before the lanes merged.

So not only is the road a nightmare, knobs like this add to the chaos.

I’d be hopping on a metro everyday rather than sit in that at 6.30 on a morning.

That’s a whole other world of hurt, trust me I’ve been doing it for years. I’ve finall got to the point of doing my motorbike licence instead.

Can imagine Mill Lane / Whitemare Pool being a nightmare whilst this carries on. It was bad enough when they were putting the lights on through roundabout.

I could go through other way towards Shields, but no doubt the arches works will cause chaos that way anarl.

Fun and games.

I was going to try A19 to A1 and over Redhough but the A19 looked like chaos at Seaham. I'e decided to park up at the SOL and jump on the metro.

Hopefully it's just day 1 chaos and settles down in a few days.

NE1 to SR2 here. I went through Felling on the road running parallel to the Bypass - was quite clear, added 15 mins to my journey.

It's affected my bus this morning, normally get to wreckenton by 9.10am, it was 9.30am by the time it had crawled there and we were backed up in springwell for f***ing ages :evil:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back