Heworth Roundabout

sima-hebburn

Striker
this is going to be fun

It is expected to cause significant congestion during the morning and evening in particular. Due to the surface removal, traffic will have to be restricted to a single carriageway. This will affect traffic in both directions throughout the works. Whenever possible, the council says it will keep two lanes open.

The bridges over the railway line date to around 1959 when the Felling Bypass opened so time has taken its toll. The waterproof layer under the road has now failed which means rainwater is leaking into the concrete structure of the bridges. If left unchecked, this will cause major structural damage. In the worst case, it could lead to the complete replacement of the bridges

Logon or register to see this image

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news...oundabout-roadworks-start-everything-13616176

Joy
New or better infrastructure can never be a bad thing but these roadworks and delays that we have endured over the last few years are really annoying to say the least

if its got to be done , nowt can be done.
They should just leave it and when the bridge collapses and cars fall into the hole onto metros they can point at the people who moaned about a few extra minutes on their journey and say they wanted it that way.

They should overlap it with work on Testos, that would be fun.

Hang on. When I heard they were closing it for works, I assumed they were going to improve it, due to it being really shit and congested all the time. Are you telling me that's it's just going to be the same old shit again when it opens? But less collapsey?

Hang on. When I heard they were closing it for works, I assumed they were going to improve it, due to it being really shit and congested all the time. Are you telling me that's it's just going to be the same old shit again when it opens? But less collapsey?

No. It's no longer going to be a roundabout, but a proper junction controlled by traffic lights.

everyone will head towards white/nightmare pool :D the 1st rat run down from whitemare pool (which has a large school on ) you also got the dpd depot & ambulance place, rush hour is crazy as it is.
Definitely mate. They had Mill lane roundabout down to one lane yesterday as well. That's on the other side of the road like but still, there's going to be alot of traffic around there.

its shit but unavoidable, i'm starting a 50 week job next to Gateshead stadium next monday. might sound daft, and unachievable in a lot of cases, but leaving for work 40 minutes earlier is my solution. i'd rather sit on site, get some work done, or just have a coffee in peace and fart about on the SMB for a bit than be sat in traffic, it drives my anxiety through the roof. guarantee when you get to the front of the queue there will be stacks of people leaving massive gaps in front of them because the light is on green. and people generally driving like utter fannies.

Back