Heworth Roundabout

My daughter (no) has an interview in Jesmond in couple weeks time , has to drive from where works in seaham , can get away at4 and interview is 5... so , should she drive via felling by pass n heworth and still to go over Tyne bridge or is better option now to go through Tyne tunnel ?
Cheers
A1

This is the link to the traffic camera at the roundabout. There’s queues already. This is going to be interesting.

http://www.netrafficcams.co.uk/gate...5-heworth-roundabout-interchange-shields-road
Surely if you can’t go left or right, they should sack the lights off and just let the traffic flow and instruct buses not to use the bus lane so they don’t need to filter in at the end. I thought they also stated two lanes would be open during peak periods?

A1 has slightly more traffic to it this morning, I’d imagine it’s only gonna get worse as people start to get sick of sitting in the traffic at Heworth. Oh the joys :neutral:

walking dog at 5:30 and rat run for pelaw was busy with more taffic. , people going to work early & delivery's for shop's etc just wait till the school run starts.

Back