Heworth Roundabout

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m getting serious road rage at those who merge so f***ing early now. I can see from a canny way back there’s a massive f***ing gap between the merge point and the front car in the right hand lane. Just drive to the f***ing actual point and then indicate you f***ing arseholes!!

Yup, these type of people manage to piss off people in both lanes by doing this. They are definitely a special breed!

I’m getting serious road rage at those who merge so f***ing early now. I can see from a canny way back there’s a massive f***ing gap between the merge point and the front car in the right hand lane. Just drive to the f***ing actual point and then indicate you f***ing arseholes!!

Correct Mucky.

And what's with the HYAOUGE holes / drains / potholes where the new junction is being built? It's like a f***ing cross-country course gannin' through there. like.

this is going to be fun

It is expected to cause significant congestion during the morning and evening in particular. Due to the surface removal, traffic will have to be restricted to a single carriageway. This will affect traffic in both directions throughout the works. Whenever possible, the council says it will keep two lanes open.

The bridges over the railway line date to around 1959 when the Felling Bypass opened so time has taken its toll. The waterproof layer under the road has now failed which means rainwater is leaking into the concrete structure of the bridges. If left unchecked, this will cause major structural damage. In the worst case, it could lead to the complete replacement of the bridges

Logon or register to see this image

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news...oundabout-roadworks-start-everything-13616176

It’s an absolute fu**ing disgrace m8.

schools back next week , grid lock at 8am. other week council did some work on mill lane on a sunday, lights still there on monday morning, it was mentalll, changed the way i walk dog, won't cross that rat run at 8am.

It’s barbaric, like a Hunger Games gambit.

It's not exactly London-esque, is it? I've been in taxis down there and you're sat still for 5-10 minutes at a green f***ing light!

This morning, I was the queue for just less than 10 minutes. Not a big deal, really. To say "lives are being ruined" is a tad silly.

It'll be worth it when it's finished, I'm sure.

The almost zero level of traffic around Heworth Metro station is very welcome, for when i whizz round there on my bike.
Heworth roundabout seems as though its always been a bit of a bottleneck. It'll be interesting to see if it flows better when its finished.

The contractor wanted to do Silverlink and Testos simultaneously.

The councils bottled it.

I think it was a great idea TBH.
Can you imagine the chaos though :lol:

testos round about is a nightmare though. Red light jumpers going northbound towards the tunnel. Surprised there aren’t more serious crashes. That’s one place that needs red light traffic cameras

When I moved in just behind the Maiden Over back in '68 the roundabout was a pain and, despite its many reincarnations, it still is. It should have been scrapped years ago with the bypass going straight through with feeder lanes into Shields Road and Sunderland Road.

Fairly sure some twat has changed the timings of the lights on meresyde, seems to be a nightmare now to get out with all the rat-runners going through the Leam... :evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back