Heworth Roundabout

When the works were on a month or 2 back further up the road i had a right barney with some cow who couldnt understand the merge in turn signs - speeding up to try and block me from getting in the left lane. Looked like her head was going to blow up when i blew her a kiss as i pulled off to the whitemare pool roundabout
Happened to me this morning. f***ing hate people me.

Happened to me this morning. f***ing hate people me.
Just beggars belief at times man. People are just ignorant fucks at the best of times. People who dont indicate ate high on my list of fuckwittery at present. Boils my piss when youre sitting at a roundabout and some nob end turns left without indicating.

Don't know mate. But its the only way left to get through afaik. If you're ( not you) desperate. Not been down there myself for a while.

I cycle down there most days and it looks like someone has tried to drive through. Decent sized tyre marks in the grass. Not sure if they made it all the way due to the bollards and metal gate/barrier if they had a car, but a motorbike would have no issues.

Just checked for an update on my phone, Tuesday has now changed to sunny but Friday remains snow.

In short, they don’t have a clue. :lol:

tuesday is back on :p tuesday morning

I don't understand the impact matrix

Weather warnings

Between 03:00 Tue 27th and 23:55 Tue 27th
Showers or longer periods of snow will affect eastern parts of the UK during Tuesday. There is the potential for travel delays on roads, with some stranded vehicles and passengers, as well as delays or cancellations to rail and air travel. Some rural communities could become cut off. Power cuts may also occur and other services, such as mobile phones, may be affected.

Weather warnings

I am not pushing in you f***ing thick arseholes!!
Genuinely think they need to teach the theory of merge in turn during the driving test imho...

Bede bank on Durham road is fun of a morning trying to merge
In turn .some people are thick as fuck
Same for me just after new college durham roundabout on the way to Neville’s Cross - I feel at fault for being the only one who would appear to knows how the theory works...

Last edited:
I head over Heworth roundabout to Newcastle every morning and back through each teatime. I’m a right hand laner but I’m noticing more and more how much the lefters are speeding up to stop you merging. It’s f***ing ridiculous!! I am not pushing in you f***ing thick arseholes!!

There’s signs saying ‘Use Both Lanes’ and ‘Merge In Turn’ all the way along the roadworks. They’re as thick as shit, man.

I head over Heworth roundabout to Newcastle every morning and back through each teatime. I’m a right hand laner but I’m noticing more and more how much the lefters are speeding up to stop you merging. It’s f***ing ridiculous!! I am not pushing in you f***ing thick arseholes!!
After seeing your driving it would make more sense to just try to get out of your way.

Even worse are the fucktards that pull out and sit in the middle of the road protecting their spot in the left lane and stopping people coming past in the right. Worse that peado’s in my opinion!

Even worse are the fucktards that pull out and sit in the middle of the road protecting their spot in the left lane and stopping people coming past in the right. Worse that peado’s in my opinion!

This seems to be popular with HGV drivers, noticed plenty doing it.

Because people are wankers and act like they are rock hard when sat in their cars.

Does my head in.

Merge in turn is designed to ease traffic flow.

Some Audi fucktard caused a car to serve into the cones today.

He was clearly on his phone texting, saw someone turning in left and sped up causing the other car to swerve back out into the cones

An HGV driver did that yesterday making the queue and delay longer. Idiot.
should be an endorsable offence imo. creating an obstruction and making the traffic jam longer.

People sitting a massive queue when the right lane is free til the merge in turn. I flew down the lane and nipped in no bother. Absolute spenks :lol:
tbf people have seemed to grasp the merge in turn idea at heworth this year. its only took people of the north east a lifetime to realise it works.

Last edited:
should be an endorsable offence imo. creating an obstruction and making the traffic jam longer.

tbf people have seemed to grasp the merge in turn idea at heworth this year. its only took people of the north east a lifetime to realise it works.

They hasn't last week :lol:

Back