Henderson

Status
Not open for further replies.
No marra, not seething at all.
Just don't get the wankfest on here over ex players who chose not to play for SAFC that's all.
And by the way - I'm red and white through and through. Season ticket just renewed too!
hendo was given a choice , I have posted the facts on here more than once.

football careers are fairly short and can end at any time. you have to take your opportunities when they are presented. fair play to him for achieving what he as so far.

like others have said it was laughable on here when posters were saying the likes of colback and cattermole were better players. they weren't then, aren't now and never will be. we got decent money for him at the time too.

Cause the majority of them are shite

Exactly, remember when the 3 ex mag lads played for England in 1990. Their Newcastle roots were part of their identity and they were proud of it. Ditto now with The two lads.

Alan Kennedy.

He was in a wheel chair by the time he had anything to do with us

hendo was given a choice , I have posted the facts on here more than once.

Fount of all knowledge. If you were not part of negotiations and in the room you don’t really know.
‘You don’t have to leave Jordan BUT’

Last edited:
I think he’s a better player now than he would have been if he had stayed with us. We would have broke him by now and he would be at Carlisle.
He started well tonight as did the whole side but they all seemed to run out of ideas when Salah went off and Henderson was as guilty as the rest of them. As skipper I thought he didn’t show much leadership on the pitch and the side looked lost and without shape. Could you have imagined any of the great Captains let that happen? I’d rather see him as a player alongside a stronger personality, a bossy twat who keeps a tighter grip

Mahrez left Le Harve. Vardy left Fleetwood. Both players had ambition to play at a higher level.
We might be playing fleetwood soon if we continue to go on like we have been.

Players want to win trophies. I sure Henderson would love to do it with us. But if any player got the chance to move to one of the biggest clubs in Europe and have the chance to play at the very top of the game then take it.
I’d rather they had the chance to do that with us

I think he’s a better player now than he would have been if he had stayed with us. We would have broke him by now and he would be at Carlisle.
He started well tonight as did the whole side but they all seemed to run out of ideas when Salah went off and Henderson was as guilty as the rest of them. As skipper I thought he didn’t show much leadership on the pitch and the side looked lost and without shape. Could you have imagined any of the great Captains let that happen? I’d rather see him as a player alongside a stronger personality, a bossy twat who keeps a tighter grip
Yes.
Maldini let a 3 goal lead slip in a Champions League final.

If Henderson gets booked in the 2nd leg will he miss the final?

He’s not bang average like that’s a bit harsh. He’s not top class though either and if he was born 10 years earlier he would be nowhere near the england team. He panics like fuck if he doesn’t have a simple option when someone gives him the ball and hides and points too often when his centre halves have the ball. He should be demanding it from them

He is excellent at the defensive side though but when sourness made his half midfielders comment he was probably in part referring to Henderson

I’m very proud that Henderson comes from Sunderland and continues to prove himself at the highest level without any fuss or drama.
Hope he goes on to lift the trophy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back