Hemir

I want to see more urgency to close down. You can forget about a team press if he's just strolling around like that, they'll just play through us. I would love to see all the data they receive from the vests they wear. To me it looks like he would be coming off with loads left in the tank. Hopefully that is just a conditioning issue and he gets up to speed.

On the plus side he keeps popping up with a goal and it's great to have a physical outlet to bang crosses in to. I think he's going to have to get used to being roughed up though by big cb's week in week out and start and hand out his own roughing up. I absolutely loved that he was straight in to the 09 melee and looking to lamp someone. Bring that fire onto the pitch from the off and we could have a great season ahead of us.
Give him a chance, he will hardly be used to the pace of the game over here

Was away at the weekend so didn't get to the SoL so would he be comparable to Maja? Apart from similar looks do they play in a similar way, just off the clips I've seen he's possibly a bit stronger and better in the air??
Be interested to see once Dack gets up to speed could he be the one to play off him and get a similar partnership going like he had with Brereton Diaz ??? So many questions...

At 19 year old he can’t be expected to be our first choice all season, he’d probably be burned out by Xmas.
Exactly my point yes, and he’ll get injured trying to do so as his body hasn’t fully matured. He’ll also have some absolute stinkers, as all young players do, and if we’re serious about promotion we can’t play some games effectively without a striker. That’s why we are desperate for an additional striker through the door now, or two if Stewart isn’t hanging around
To be fair, we said exactly the same about Stewart. Ross County will have been compared to conference teams and he was playing on the wing at his former club
No we didn’t. Stewart wasn’t 19 year old when he signed for us. It’s about the age and the lack of first team football before this point not ability. I’m talking from an injury/fatigue point of view - you can rarely come from no football whatsoever to playing a full championship season with injury and fatigue killing you off by Christmas. Ability wise he looks fine from the limited viewing we’ve had of him.
Was away at the weekend so didn't get to the SoL so would he be comparable to Maja? Apart from similar looks do they play in a similar way, just off the clips I've seen he's possibly a bit stronger and better in the air??
Be interested to see once Dack gets up to speed could he be the one to play off him and get a similar partnership going like he had with Brereton Diaz ??? So many questions...
Looks a lot like a young Ross Stewart tbh. Mobile and strong but also likes to drop deep to receive the ball and play football

Last edited:
Early days but he looks a lot more physical/strong than either of Stewart or Maja. That seemed main attribute, like a young Lukaku. Their centre half was having to resort to rugby tackling him.

Whether Hemir can do the other stuff as well as Stewart (not really seen him have many efforts with his feet). But he doesn't look slow and his movement didn't look bad. He looks really exciting and the kind of player who'll improve with games.

So much more physical, he’s a proper number nine. Might be nineteen, but if the hairy arsed centre backs in the Championship think they’re going to bully him, they’re in for a shock.

He’s very similar to Stewart really. Doesn’t run channels as well, but probably is a more conventional out ball in the air - or certainly will be. He’s a terrific prospect.

I think Hemir is a great signing that will have a sparkling career with the lads that goes on for years. But he needs another striker to step in, during the last third of games, when we are set up differently, cup matches etc. Now.
I can remember another big kid who looked the part- Doyle- who Ross absolutely broke by playing him week-in week-out. No striker should be asked to carry the load without a deputy/competitor, let alone a teenager.

Hemir we will get a good sample size in August before we sign or sell Stewart loan or buy another striker before the window closes

I think Hemir is a great signing that will have a sparkling career with the lads that goes on for years. But he needs another striker to step in, during the last third of games, when we are set up differently, cup matches etc. Now.
I can remember another big kid who looked the part- Doyle- who Ross absolutely broke by playing him week-in week-out. No striker should be asked to carry the load without a deputy/competitor, let alone a teenager.

Ross? Was it not Johnson?

The lad looks a beast in the making, plus he looks mobile and can score goals. A few rough edges still, but think he is going to be top class (still early days though).

Exactly my point yes, and he’ll get injured trying to do so as his body hasn’t fully matured. He’ll also have some absolute stinkers, as all young players do, and if we’re serious about promotion we can’t play some games effectively without a striker. That’s why we are desperate for an additional striker through the door now, or two if Stewart isn’t hanging around

No we didn’t. Stewart wasn’t 19 year old when he signed for us. It’s about the age and the lack of first team football before this point not ability. I’m talking from an injury/fatigue point of view - you can rarely come from no football whatsoever to playing a full championship season with injury and fatigue killing you off by Christmas. Ability wise he looks fine from the limited viewing we’ve had of him.

Looks a lot like a young Ross Stewart tbh. Mobile and strong but also likes to drop deep to receive the ball and play football
your post is indeed very good..but when did you see a young ross stewart play?
surely he only joined SAFC when he had ceased to be young in football terms?

Back