Hemir

Scored and has looked decent but these are pre season games and the opposition in the US especially not very strong.

Would still like to see another centre forward brought in but can’t see it unless it’s a loan.

I want to see more urgency to close down. You can forget about a team press if he's just strolling around like that, they'll just play through us. I would love to see all the data they receive from the vests they wear. To me it looks like he would be coming off with loads left in the tank. Hopefully that is just a conditioning issue and he gets up to speed.

On the plus side he keeps popping up with a goal and it's great to have a physical outlet to bang crosses in to. I think he's going to have to get used to being roughed up though by big cb's week in week out and start and hand out his own roughing up. I absolutely loved that he was straight in to the 09 melee and looking to lamp someone. Bring that fire onto the pitch from the off and we could have a great season ahead of us.
Brilliant post

This looked to be by design to me. He constantly dropped into the AM position when we lost the ball allowing one or more of the three behind him to engage in the press. He done this well including plenty of times deep into our own half which isn't exactly a strikers natural instinct. Plus a lone striker can't just aimlessly chase 3 or 4 defenders passing it around as they'll be knackered by the time we have the ball.

This might change over the course of the season as the coaches work on his game, it could just be an easy-fix for now as they work on more important areas of his game to make him ready for English mens football. The commentator mentioned Mowbray constantly talking to him about holding it up more and not looking for first time passes and flicks (this might have been caused by their CB going through his back a few times without any protection from the ref) so that's probably the priority for now.

I think he'll do really well this season and certainly has the potential to be as good as or better than Stewart from the little I've seen. I know people want many Strikers at the club but they are rare and expensive these days, just look at the struggles of many of the "super clubs' are having trying to find one. I'd be happy if this guy can play 30/35+ games for us this season supported by Stewart / Mayenda for the gaps.
Agreed, this is definitely a tactical decision looking at how and where he goes.

I suspect that as Mowbray has mentioned a few times about hime getting used to the physical aspect of the league and how he needs to understand how they want him to press, that for now it's a quick fix that will change in the long term.

Hopefully they just need to show him a few videos of how Stewart does it and he'll get the idea, and then we'll have a ready made replacement should we need it.

Scored and has looked decent but these are pre season games and the opposition in the US especially not very strong.

Would still like to see another centre forward brought in but can’t see it unless it’s a loan.
He scored against a La Liga team too and looked very good.

Looking forward to watching him on Tuesday evening. Our recruitment of young players has overall been very good so watching him this season could be very exciting

Looking forward to watching him on Tuesday evening. Our recruitment of young players has overall been very good so watching him this season could be very exciting
He won't be playing on Tuesday I don't think. Definitely not worth the risk

Looks good but we are once again in a situation where we have no backup until October. We don't want to run him into the ground as we did with Stewart simply because there was noone else to come on for him.

He’s a good prospect and will be a top player. But he’s also a young kid who cannot be relied upon as a first choice option all season. We either need to sort out the Stewart situation or sign another striker as first choice. Hemir as a first backup is fine, but to rely on him as first choice will only lead to the same problems as last season I fear
At 19 year old he can’t be expected to be our first choice all season, he’d probably be burned out by Xmas.

He’s a good prospect and will be a top player. But he’s also a young kid who cannot be relied upon as a first choice option all season. We either need to sort out the Stewart situation or sign another striker as first choice. Hemir as a first backup is fine, but to rely on him as first choice will only lead to the same problems as last season I fear
To be fair, we said exactly the same about Stewart. Ross County will have been compared to conference teams and he was playing on the wing at his former club

Back