Hemir

This place is absolutely awash with anxiety about our strikers - which ones we might sign, which ones want to leave, which ones aren’t fit enough or are wingers in disguise, etc.

Amidst all that - have we just missed something important here? Because to my eyes, we seem to have signed a straight up baller: young, a proper target, runs the channels, physical and always seems to get a goal.

I know it’s only pre-season, but can’t help we should be a lot more excited by this lad. Looks the part.

Seems to have the knack of being able to find space. Wasn’t great coming towards our goal but otherwise looks good. Would like to see him chase something into the channel the way the Highland Haaland does from time to time to see how he fares.

He looks the part, but is only 19. Would he take a full season getting battered about and manhandled like he was against Mallorca? I think he'll do well, especially if we can get players close to him and running off him, but it might be a bit much expecting him to be the main man for the season.

Unfortunately never managed to see the game today, how mobile did he look? He's an absolute unit so I'm not expecting he'll be the type to go flying around for 90 minutes like Ross Stewart.
To me he looks like Stewart lite

Always on the move, runs a channel, several goals in him.

I hope the new lad is in a similar vein
Well my question got answered before I pressed post!

To me he looks like Stewart lite

Always on the move, runs a channel, several goals in him.

I hope the new lad is in a similar vein
I think he receives the ball and turns like stewart while being difficult to bring down. I think he will surprise people.

His runs on crosses are tremendous
Unfortunately never managed to see the game today, how mobile did he look? He's an absolute unit so I'm not expecting he'll be the type to go flying around for 90 minutes like Ross Stewart.

Well my question got answered before I pressed post!
Hes certainly mobile imo
I don't think we can afford to play him against Hartlepool
It'll be 11 changes

I want to see more urgency to close down. You can forget about a team press if he's just strolling around like that, they'll just play through us. I would love to see all the data they receive from the vests they wear. To me it looks like he would be coming off with loads left in the tank. Hopefully that is just a conditioning issue and he gets up to speed.

On the plus side he keeps popping up with a goal and it's great to have a physical outlet to bang crosses in to. I think he's going to have to get used to being roughed up though by big cb's week in week out and start and hand out his own roughing up. I absolutely loved that he was straight in to the 09 melee and looking to lamp someone. Bring that fire onto the pitch from the off and we could have a great season ahead of us.

Back