Help Losing Weight

Status
Not open for further replies.

aye that Lance Armstrong is right fat bastard
:lol:

Yanar what i mean.

He wasn't fat to begin with.

If i was to go on the exercise bike from now on, with no other means of exercise, i wouldn't lose weight from my stomach area, my legs would just get huge with muscles.

:lol:

Yanar what i mean.

He wasn't fat to begin with.

If i was to go on the exercise bike from now on, with no other means of exercise, i wouldn't lose weight from my stomach area, my legs would just get huge with muscles.
which in turn would burn calories, making you lose fat and get a smaller stomach. You can't spot lose fat its all a matter of expelling more calories than you take it. Your legs are the most important area of your body to train for fat loss.

I agree the bike is tedious etc and i'd much rather use a rowing machine but if thats what the lad has at hand then its easy.

don't go believing this crap that 3 minutes a week is good for you, the high intensty is tho PUSH THE HEART

http://www.radiotimes.com/episode/ppbtc/horizon--horizon-the-truth-about-exercise

Michael Mosley investigates recent scientific research that could change the way people exercise, including a study that suggests many could benefit from just three minutes of high-intensity activity a week. He also discovers the health benefits of seemingly innocuous actions, such as walking and fidgeting, and learns why some people do not respond to exercise at all.

will set to record and have a watch

Last edited:
Are rowing machines any good for shifting a few pounds, and if so, how long would I need to use it for to see any difference?

Are rowing machines any good for shifting a few pounds, and if so, how long would I need to use it for to see any difference?
try 20 minutes of interval training or 500m sprints. You should be falling off the machine. IMO they're the best cardio equipment in the gym. Minimal impact on joints, quick turn of pace, full body exercise. Ideal.

Anyone recommend a bike under £100 and is it possible to hold a controller for the xbox and pedal at the same time?

f***ing rowing machines give me indegestion!

Any makes to look out for/avoid?
i'd avoid magnetic ones, my dad has one and they feel awful IMO. The water ones are nice but expensive.

Just had a look on powerhouse and they start at £500. The concept2 ones they tend to use in gyms are a grand a pop.

i'd avoid magnetic ones, my dad has one and they feel awful IMO. The water ones are nice but expensive.

Just had a look on powerhouse and they start at £500. The concept2 ones they tend to use in gyms are a grand a pop.

Will have to look for a 2nd hand one I reckon.

I lost about three and a half stone last year from Feb - July before I went on holiday and one thing I can say is that if you don't have motivation then you will never do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back