Help Losing Weight

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHmackem

Winger
Exercise Bikes...

Do they work?

Wor lass (fuck off) just bought one. If i ate right, how long would i have to do on the bike for it to have a noticable effect. Ive put on shit loads of weight recently and im pushing 14 clem and im not that tall so basically im fat as fuck.

Ive got canny bad asthma anarl so i dont wanna go running. And theres no bike trails where i live so buying an actual bike is pointless.

Swimming and the gym is out the question on account of being at college from 9am to 4pm then straight to work until 10pm. Plus, im constantly skint.

Ive put on 3/4 stone since meeting me lass, and its become blatently obvious she thinks i look a mess, so really want to lose it.

Any help would be appreciated. Nee fat jokes either you cruel bastards.

depends how much graft you put in.
you would need to be doing 30 min plus a day getting a sweat on to notice a difference

whats more easy is to write down what you eat and it becomes obvious that the pastie which you scoffed was 600 calories takes you 45 mins to burn off on the bike wasnt worth bothering with

just burn more calories than you eat. sounds simple enough

KingOfSeaburn said:
depends how much graft you put in.
you would need to be doing 30 min plus a day getting a sweat on to notice a difference

whats more easy is to write down what you eat and it becomes obvious that the pastie which you scoffed was 600 calories takes you 45 mins to burn off on the bike wasnt worth bothering with

just burn more calories than you eat. sounds simple enough

Reeto, gonna start tomorrow. Does an exercis bike improve fitness? Ive got a charity footy match for college on 9th April so would doing say 30/45 mins a day on the bike get me fitter by then you reckon?

Reeto, gonna start tomorrow. Does an exercis bike improve fitness? Ive got a charity footy match for college on 9th April so would doing say 30/45 mins a day on the bike get me fitter by then you reckon?

Your asking questiosn you already know the answer to mate, i think what your really looking for is a little inspiration and I doubt your gonna get it here :lol:

Before you start, weigh yourself. Eat healthy, do your bike, then wiegh your self next week.
You must be on a caloric deficit to lose wieght. If your body needs say 2000 cals a day to function (everyone is different) you eat exactly 2000cals, that day you will niether lose or gain wieght, have that extra slice of pizza and you plus 400 cals putting you at a gain. Dont eat it and do cardio minus 500 cals, your body will then use fat for energy.

Could go on for hours, good luck

supersesh said:
Your asking questiosn you already know the answer to mate, i think what your really looking for is a little inspiration and I doubt your gonna get it here :lol:

Before you start, weigh yourself. Eat healthy, do your bike, then wiegh your self next week.
You must be on a caloric deficit to lose wieght. If your body needs say 2000 cals a day to function (everyone is different) you eat exactly 2000cals, that day you will niether lose or gain wieght, have that extra slice of pizza and you plus 400 cals putting you at a gain. Dont eat it and do cardio minus 500 cals, your body will then use fat for energy.

Could go on for hours, good luck

Cheers mate. But i genuinly don't know if Exercise Bikes improve cardiovascular fitness.

Edit: Google reckons it does.

do more exercise and eat/drink less,
if you didnt do much exercise initially the weight will fall off pretty quickly

Cheers mate. But i genuinly don't know if Exercise Bikes improve cardiovascular fitness.

not in the way going for a run would, but if you are fat and your knees hurt then you are better off on the bike until you have lost some weight and ease yourself back in.

or if you are already playing footy - do it more often as thats much better and you wont notice the hard work whereas exercise bikes are very tedious.

essentially eat less bad stuff and get a bead on more often.

Cheers for the advice fellas. Don't do any exercise so hopefully it'll drop off. Gannin to bed now, gotta be up in 5 hours.

I used to have a indoor trainer thing (ride mountain bike indoors) and struggled to loose weight (went from 21 stone to 18), it dosn't really push your heart. wasn't till i got a heart rate monitor did i find what exercise pushed my heart (heavy dumbells)

i was only doing heavy dumbells for about 10 minutes & rowing miles & 1000's of situps then shifted to doing 3 & 1/2 hours of dumbells ( have 3 sets 15kg, 20 & 27kg) and row a little bit and maybe 100 situps and the weight shifted (quick) went from 18 stone to 11 & 1/2 stone.

i remember when i used to break rowers for fun and moaned on the internet and someone checked manual for weight restriction (max 18 stone) i was 18.5 stone and twat called me fatty etc grrrrrr but it kicked me up bum :p (and was free no personal motivator/trainer fees) and that started me on my weight loss

smaller portions help also & to forget your hungry & take your mind of hunger do something ie i play cod (don't starve yourself), exercise & smaller portions have shrunk me stomach allot, so now i eat a sandwich (2 slices of bread) and i'm FULL (hicups & stomach hurts a little), i just have to nibble at stuff when i'm hungry, xmas dinner lasted me untill boxing day tea time :eek:

try the chilli's, fishoil, black pepper, garlic, plenty fruit (blendered), just a few of the things i've introduced into my diet

Surely a wind up?

if you're pressed for time, google search HIIT or tabata, do that for 20 min each morning and eat in a calorie deficit. job done.

Google is right then, if you cycle for 20 minutes or more and work at a pace that increases your heart rate and makes your lungs work harder then it will improve cardiovascular fitness..that you ask

Good luck doing 45 mins a day. Indoor training is boring. To get the most out of it you need.to be doing intervals rather than just spinning the pedals. 10 mins warm up at 40% max hr then 10 1 min intervals at 80% hr with two minutes at 50% max hr. Then warm down. Obv u will need to build up to tht but it will get u fitter faster.

Get some of the sufferfest videos and do their programmes. Really cheap and they work.

Also you can get sweat vests on offer at the moment here :

Www.bikeradardailydeals.com

Exercise bike won't lose weight. It's only working your legs.

Get a treadmill or a x-trainer.

not in the way going for a run would, but if you are fat and your knees hurt then you are better off on the bike until you have lost some weight and ease yourself back in.

or if you are already playing footy - do it more often as thats much better and you wont notice the hard work whereas exercise bikes are very tedious.

essentially eat less bad stuff and get a bead on more often.

this

I bought an exercise bike and found it out very quickly

I started on it and doing 35/40k at a rapid pace was easy but eventually it got boring. very boring

Now I like to mix it up by going for a run first then fininshing off on the bike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back