Hearing McGeadys left/walked away from the club

PP clearly having a tough time but I'm glad he's stood up to Mcgeady and any other bullies at the club, get rid of these lazy wankers and try to bring more of the right characters into the club in January the likes of Luke O'Nien, he was outstanding against Tranmere and Southend, in the face of adversity it appears.
That's a good point but I fear more that he puts out 5 non attacking defenders out against the 15th placed team. Yes, get rid of Maguire and McGeady but put in Watmore, Kimpioka, Hume etc. It is not in anyway acceptable to try for a 0-0 against Gillingham and then fail. That is pathetic.

So what’s actually happened then?
I’m lost off with this thread?!?

same here.

listening to totalsport last night, nick barnes states they had asked the club to comment on the geady rumour; the club refused, and stated they will need to discuss that with PP today - so who knows?

lost....

I know we've discussed this before but we'd been poor for 20 games, including a pathetic 'attempt' in the play off games under Ross, he'd tried and failed a new system and showed no sign of improving. It is disingenuous to say it was just 2 losses. Regardless of how poor Parkinson is we should as a club only be looking for automatic promotion. I know we have deeper problems but Ross was not going to give us promotion this year. The fact that we have made a disastrous appointment doesn't change that.

I actually give him credit for scrapping the 3 in the back after the two draws to open the season. Swallowed his pride, admitted a mistake, cut his losses and the results immediately improved. Wish Stew would do the same. Those two draws were hardly a death sentence to the season - unlike this abomination of a Parky administration. 8 losses in 12 man! Have to cut bait.

I think the Ross "struggles" were largely overstated - my opinion based on the results this year. I do not think the same for Parky - despite me generally not being too trigger happy when it comes to sacking managers.

PP sent mcgeady home for being a c_unt. Mcgeady says if I go I'm not coming back. Mcguire expects to be frozen out because he's guilty of being a twat too. Bullying going on in the player group reported to Parkinson by Leadbitter

We were well warned when we signed McGuire he had serious attitude problems and was a handful.

Looks like it's biting us on the arse now.

We were well warned when we signed McGuire he had serious attitude problems and was a handful.

Looks like it's biting us on the arse now.

Grayson would snap our hand off for McGeady.

Any confirmation on this? Surprised this thread has not been killed, unlike a similar previous one... maybe some truth to this?

I actually give him credit for scrapping the 3 in the back after the two draws to open the season. Swallowed his pride, admitted a mistake, cut his losses and the results immediately improved. Wish Stew would do the same. Those two draws were hardly a death sentence to the season - unlike this abomination of a Parky administration. 8 losses in 12 man! Have to cut bait.

I think the Ross "struggles" were largely overstated - my opinion based on the results this year. I do not think the same for Parky - despite me generally not being too trigger happy when it comes to sacking managers.
Fair does mate. There was only one aim this year and this was automatic promotion and having, in my view, 'bottled it' last year and looking quite a bit worse this year Ross was not going to deliver that. Why oh why didn't they bring in a positive, enthusiastic manager like Stendel? For so many reasons Parkinson is a stupid appointment.

PP sent mcgeady home for being a c_unt. Mcgeady says if I go I'm not coming back. Mcguire expects to be frozen out because he's guilty of being a twat too. Bullying going on in the player group reported to Parkinson by Leadbitter

if true then PP goes up in my estimations, mind moving to 1/10 from 0/10 isn’t a ringing endorsement!
Surely AMcG gets sacked not paid off if he has walked ?

I’m also pleased GL is calling players out however as captain he should be laying into the fuckers first then leaving PP to pick up pieces. Steven Gerrard rules the Liverpool dressing room with an iron fist. He sorted shit like. Not the manager.

That's a good point but I fear more that he puts out 5 non attacking defenders out against the 15th placed team. Yes, get rid of Maguire and McGeady but put in Watmore, Kimpioka, Hume etc. It is not in anyway acceptable to try for a 0-0 against Gillingham and then fail. That is pathetic.

I agree with your points as they were the players I wanted to see also, maybe he worried about the lack of experience and muscle with Benji and Hume (in that order) for that particular game. The line up and set up did look hideous though obviously. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt at the moment, trying to stop the rot and sort out an unhappy squad + players with horrible attitude. January around the corner and players returning from loan and injury, a few wankers and misfits leaving. We could do with a jammy win on Saturday as obviously nobody can envisage a good performance at present.

I agree with your points as they were the players I wanted to see also, maybe he worried about the lack of experience and muscle with Benji and Hume (in that order) for that particular game. The line up and set up did look hideous though obviously. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt at the moment, trying to stop the rot and sort out an unhappy squad + players with horrible attitude. January around the corner and players returning from loan and injury, a few wankers and misfits leaving. We could do with a jammy win on Saturday as obviously nobody can envisage a good performance at present.
He's had one good game - Tranmere - where the key was the pace of Watmore and Gooch who just kept going at Tranmere and they couldn't handle it. After that he's put out teams without pace. The team on Saturday was never going to work and it didn't - that's rank bad management and he should hold up his hands - it was all down to him.

Haha fair enough I've said in there what I've been told by several people all who aren't linked to each other but would have dealings with the club
If the two of them are getting ‘bullied’ I wonder if that has had an effect on GDs form - which has tailed off considerably recently.

Guaranteed.

This. I'd rather we kept McGeady and got rid of Parkinson. We have fuck all going forward now.
This Shirley depends on the circumstances .If McGeady ( who we all know has been poor ) has chosen to down tools it shows a lack of judgement and respect for the club.Weve all had bosses we don't particularly like but you have to get on and do your job to the best of your ability.
If this is indeed the case then I'm with Parkinson on this one .( yes I've got me tin hat on!)Suopose until we know the truth though who Knas ( Bob?)

It’s not him we want to leave it’s the manager, mcgeady is never going to play well playing hoof ball football
I have yet to say anything positive about this manager, but if it is true that Mcgeady has been dealt with for being a prat, then I will give PP credit.
Nobody is bigger than the club. Mcgeady might be our most skilful player but if he's being a twat then he has to go. 100% behind PP on this.

Mcgeady might be our most skilful player but if he's being a twat then he has to go.
People bang on about this but everytime I've seen him hes been f***ing shite. I'd fuck him off anyway - let him become someone elses problem - same with that fat **** Macguire.

He's had one good game - Tranmere - where the key was the pace of Watmore and Gooch who just kept going at Tranmere and they couldn't handle it. After that he's put out teams without pace. The team on Saturday was never going to work and it didn't - that's rank bad management and he should hold up his hands - it was all down to him.

Its definitely down to him for leaving the only 3 rapid players that are fit out of the team. The only qualification I will add is that we have hardly had any good performances in the last 18 months and that's not down to him. We were playing shite long before he showed up. I'm hoping he changes tack for Saturday and sets up to win the game, crowd will be on his case from ko otherwise (rightly).

Its definitely down to him for leaving the only 3 rapid players that are fit out of the team. The only qualification I will add is that we have hardly had any good performances in the last 18 months and that's not down to him. We were playing shite long before he showed up. I'm hoping he changes tack for Saturday and sets up to win the game, crowd will be on his case from ko otherwise (rightly).
I agree that we've been poor for a long time. However, he has made us quite a bit worse. A new manager needs to inject new enthusiasm and self belief and he has done the opposite - it is so similar to Wilkinson and I'm not sure how long I'd leave it before admitting I'd got it badly wrong. As I keep saying the fans are certainly not always correct but on Parkinson I believe we were.

I agree that we've been poor for a long time. However, he has made us quite a bit worse. A new manager needs to inject new enthusiasm and self belief and he has done the opposite - it is so similar to Wilkinson and I'm not sure how long I'd leave it before admitting I'd got it badly wrong. As I keep saying the fans are certainly not always correct but on Parkinson I believe we were.
As much as I’d like to stay hopeful and argue an optimistic counter point, the overwhelming evidence, the OVERWHELMING evidence proves that you are correct.

Back