Hearing McGeadys left/walked away from the club

The joke is we were in fine position. Luton and Barnsley were much worse off at the same time last year. Bedwetting football manager fans lost the plot. You have to have a bit of steel about you and hold your nerve at some point.
That’s a load of shite mind. Barnsley and Luton were playing very well and not getting the results their play deserved. They were always gonna push up the league. No comparison to Ross’ sunderland - who were always merely holding on. We’ve never been one of the top 2/3 teams in this league since we arrived. No reason to think we’d push on without a significant change somewhere.

The change they chose however...

Last edited:

Ross was a dead man walking. Performances were bad.

...hence me not praising Parkinson. Doesn't mean Ross should have kept his job.

This isn't about whether Ross should have kept the job. Parkinson should never ever have even been considered.
You really need to stop posting shit, I’m not defending anyone said he’s appt the wrong manager from the start and he needs to sack him. That’s got nowt to do with my reply to your post, he hasn’t stated that he won’t sack PP !

He's come out defending him. Seems pretty clear to me he won't sack him.....or his mates he gave cushy jobs to.

Last edited:
You've listed the sum total of every loss under JR this season. Sorry we weren't the invincibles. Your hero Parky matched that in three games, and never stopped losing.

Ah fuck off, I wanted Ross out but I’ll admit that if there was a choice between Parkinson and Ross it would be Ross every time. Although we were really that disgraceful in those games I listed.....which you totally seem to gloss over :rolleyes:

Last edited:
what a depressing thread.

Parkinson hasn't a chance of sorting this lot out. Got pelters for saying it last weekend but the summer has caused all of this downward spiral and it's manifesting itself in multiple ways . in this case the frustrations of our most talented and experienced player. Win games and sign the right players and the mood will soon shift on and off the pitch.

I read it the other way.
That those 2 players aren't liked. Doesn't surprise me. Both seem really professional and both stay behind and do extra training to try and improve themselves.
I can see why some other players who have been able to get along on their natural gifts don't like them. Some people just don't like hard work.
I read it that McGeady and Maguire had a problem with O'Nien and Dobson. Is that what you're saying?

Ah fuck off, I wanted Ross out but I’ll admit that if there was a choice between Parkinson and Ross it would be Ross every time. Although we were really that disgraceful in those games I listed.....which you totally seem to gloss over :rolleyes:

We had two losses. Shit happens in football. We overreacted badly IMO.

what a depressing thread.

Parkinson hasn't a chance of sorting this lot out. Got pelters for saying it last weekend but the summer has caused all of this downward spiral and it's manifesting itself in multiple ways . in this case the frustrations of our most talented and experienced player. Win games and sign the right players and the mood will soon shift on and off the pitch.
How do you mean 'the summer caused all of this'? I agree that a few wins between now and January would change the mood. The problem is, however, we've appointed a manager who thinks its acceptable and the right thing to do to go for a 0-0 against the 15th placed team - and fail. I fear that this manager is going to be car crash. If I was McGeady I would have been pissed off with the pathetic set up Parkinson put out on saturday.
We had two losses. Shit happens in football. We overreacted badly IMO.
I know we've discussed this before but we'd been poor for 20 games, including a pathetic 'attempt' in the play off games under Ross, he'd tried and failed a new system and showed no sign of improving. It is disingenuous to say it was just 2 losses. Regardless of how poor Parkinson is we should as a club only be looking for automatic promotion. I know we have deeper problems but Ross was not going to give us promotion this year. The fact that we have made a disastrous appointment doesn't change that.

Last edited:
How do you mean 'the summer caused all of this'? I agree that a few wins between now and January would change the mood. The problem is, however, we've appointed a manager who thinks its acceptable and the right thing to do to go for a 0-0 against the 15th placed team - and fail. I fear that this manager is going to be car crash. If I was McGeady I would have been pissed off with the pathetic set up Parkinson put out on saturday.

PP clearly having a tough time but I'm glad he's stood up to Mcgeady and any other bullies at the club, get rid of these lazy wankers and try to bring more of the right characters into the club in January the likes of Luke O'Nien, he was outstanding against Tranmere and Southend, in the face of adversity it appears.

Back