Hazey

Status
Not open for further replies.
I felt the same hammer of shock that most would have felt when they saw the sticky. We knew it was coming but it didn't lessen it for me. The bravery and dignity go without saying but he honestly touched my world - his poems, his love for and from his family, that specialness he shared with his wife, the raw crudeness of his descriptions where he left nothing to the imagination -I felt I was living his world with him.

The way he dealt with things genuinely affected me. People talk of perspective but there have been times when I have been down or whatever and thought of him and subconsciously slapped myself. His life was short but he had experiences some will never enjoy.

To you Hazey, we were privileged to know you

Just how I feel, pleased someone was eloquent enough to express it.

Just found out after the thread on the PF and as I hadn't been reading the blog lately or been on the SMB, I had no idea things were this close.

I must say he's been an inspiration for some though with his thoughts and how he's dealt with his illness, I only hope that if something like that happens to me, I could retain my sense of humour and my dignity the way he did.

RIP Hazey lad, you will certainly be missed and I'm not going to post a sad smiley, as I know he wouldn't want it.

Last edited:
Nothing else that I can say other than he's a true inspiration.

His blogs will keep us laughing and crying for years to come

Didn't I tell you Graeme that Roger was a useless c*nt.
Take care until we meet again my inspirational friend.

Keep a had Liz lass, keep a had.

In your own words Graeme....with just one small edit.

"You truly belong with the stars, quasars, galaxies and myriad beauty above"

thanks so much for all those wonderful words of inspiration
God bless:)

I was walking through the park this morning in the cold and could smell a fire, i stopped and thought about how wonderful the world is, this is all down to you Hazey. You have made people understand a bit more about what life's all about.

Im glad that your suffering has ended Graeme, you will never know how much of an inspiration you were to me, i could never express it in the way you could.

I'll meet you upstairs when its my turn and we can have that drink we talked about!

God bless mate.

To Liz, he couldnt have done it without you, you were his rock and for this you should be proud!

Take care

Stephen

I last got a pm from him on the 23rd......again full of hope and confidence...:-(

Hadn't heard from him since we got all the stuff in the papers about Mels swim back in November. I had a bit of a dig at his impecable timing as the day it was in the Sunday Sun, which directed readers to his blogg, the blogg entry was 2 paragraphs of him having the most amazingly large crap and a full discussion on his bowel movements.

Must admit that I hadn't been on much in December and hadn't realised things had taken such a turn for the worse.

Never met him but ive shed some tears since reading this

Top bloke and an inspiration to all

All the best to his wife and family you are special people having had such a person in your lives

RIP Mate

Don't be sad that he died - be happy that he lived...

To one of the most inspirational young men I never got to meet - RIP Graeme

Lots of love and strength to Liz, Mel and the family
Hazel
x

You can shed tears that he is gone
or you can smile because he has lived.

You can close your eyes and pray that he'll come back
or you can open your eyes and see all he's left.

Your heart can be empty because you can't see him
or you can be full of the love you shared.

You can turn your back on tomorrow and live for yesterday
or you can be happy for tomorrow because of yesterday.

You can remember him and only that he's gone
or you can cherish his memory and let it live on.

You can cry and close your mind, be empty and turn your back
or you can do what he'd want: smile, open your eyes, love and go on.

I PMd Hazey a few times,the first time I found out he was ill, with tips on how I coped with the chemo and its side effects. Damn :-(

God bless you matey, your no longer in pain.Hope your family remember the good times and not the bad RIP

It was used at the Queen Mother's funeral, just credited to 'Anon' - I just think it's a beautiful sentiment wrapped up into a poem - don't look back, look forward.

G'night Hazey pet.

My son's band have just started playing 'Run' by Snow Patrol. The words, particularly the chorus really hit home right now. They'll be playing it at a gig on Saturday, I'll be raising a glass to you mate.

I'll sing it one last time for you
Then we really have to go
You've been the only thing that's right
In all I've done

And I can barely look at you
But every single time I do
I know we'll make it anywhere
Away from here

Light up, light up
As if you have a choice
Even if you cannot hear my voice
I'll be right beside you dear

Louder louder
And we'll run for our lives
I can hardly speak I understand
Why you can't raise your voice to say

To think I might not see those eyes
Makes it so hard not to cry
And as we say our long goodbye
I nearly do

Light up, light up
As if you have a choice

Have heart my dear
We're bound to be afraid
Even if it's just for a few days
Making up for all this mess

Light up, light up
As if you have a choice

I posted on the first thread earlier today, i have to say my day hasnt gone any easier. I feel so gutted and upset its un-real.:-(

My deepest and warmest thoughts go out to all of Hazeys family and friends especially his "beautifull" wife.

R.I.P. Hazey Lad:cry:

Sad news. I hope his family take comfort from the fact he was a truly inspirational lad.

Condolences to all those who were close to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back