Hazey

Status
Not open for further replies.

What can I say.

There was a thread on here posted by Hazey's sister and wife stating that sadly he died early this morning and dozens of you had posted your respects on it.

Unfortunately there were two diverging versions of the thread in different forums rather than a re-direct linking the two.

In my efforts to tidy this up, I have only gone and deleted them both (maybe Hazey is having a final laugh at me!!)

I can only apologise, and say although I never met the lad, I am gutted like everyone else.

Message from Liz and Mel was:

Then we just do it again...

I was so very sad to hear this.

Hazey truly was an inspirational bloke and I wish I could have met him.

My thoughts are with Liz, Mel and all of Graeme's family and friends.

I posted earlier that after a good cry I was going for a walk on a cold and sunny winters day - the kind Hazey took such pleasure in. While I was out I saw a woodpecker, I've never seen one near my flat before so I stopped to watch it for a while. I think Hazey might have liked that.

my deepest condolences to liz and mel.hazey was one i of the bravest and funniest lads i knew evenif it was just on here.a very big loss both to his family and the board
rip graeme

I Pmd Hazey on Christmas day and he said he was having a great time. He must have known he was fading and that it would be his last Christmas, yet he still stayed positive - even wishing me well too.
This is an awful day, I never met him but I am gutted.

An inspirational,brave and throughly good bloke. Taken horrendously early. But thankfully, his suffering is over.

His family must be absolutely distraught.

RIP Hazey :-(

RIP Hazey. I won't be doing the avatar thing, it's to weird looking a all them Hazey avatars when I know he's no longer here.
He deserves a huge and lasting tribute for his courage and humour, and above all dignity. again RIP

RIP Hazey. I am absolutely gutted.

I was sitting hear this morning almost crying over the death of a man i have never met but i feel like i have known for years.

You're in a better place now marra, don't forget to cup the big mans balls, buy lappy a drink from us all.

My thoughts are with Mel, Liz & the family x

I Pmd Hazey on Christmas day and he said he was having a great time. He must have known he was fading and that it would be his last Christmas, yet he still stayed positive - even wishing me well too.

An inspirational,brave and throughly good bloke. Taken horrendously early. But thankfully, his suffering is over.

His family must be absolutely distraught.

RIP Hazey :-(

I last got a pm from him on the 23rd......again full of hope and confidence...:-(

RIP Graeme. I will never ever forget your humour and bravery in the face of such adversity.

Deepest sympathy and condolances to Graeme's wife and family. He may be gone but he has touched the hearts of many people and their lives are richer for it.

RIP Hazey, one of the bravest mackems that ever lived. He was an inspiration to so many people, his family should be very very proud. And it is with his family that my thoughts are at this moment, it was the unconditional love of his family that helped him through the hard times. My thoughts are with you all as you grieve this huge loss to your lives.

Good Night Graeme

One of the last ones I read he it sounded like the fight was getting too much and he knew what was coming. His attitude to it all was just incredible though. No way I could be that way. I don't think I'm strong enough.

Anyway, posted a message on the blog thread so will just say:

RIP Graeme

Oh, and Roger - don't worry shit happens.

This poem always reminds me of Hazey - Just the way he always thought positive

If you think you are beaten, your are
If you think you dare not, you won't,
If you like to win, but don't think you can
It's almost a cinch you won't

If you think you'll lose, you're lost
For out in the world you find,
Success begins with a fellow's will
It's all in a state of mind

For many a game is lost
Ere even a play is run,
And many a coward fails
Ere even his work is begun

Think big and your deeds will grow
Think small and you'll fall behind
Think that you can and you will
It's all a state of mind

If you think you are out-classed, your are
You've got to think high to rise
You've got to be sure of yourself before
You can ever win a prize

Life battles don't always go
To the stronger or faster man
But sooner or later, the man who wins
Is the fellow who thinks he can

We wander through our selfish lives, always looking for something else to own, something to make our lot better, often at the expense of others. Sometimes, only a few times in a lifetime, something happens that makes you stop and think, makes you re-evaluate your life and priorities

We meet lots of people as we hustle and bustle our way up some ladder of success, some of those people become friends, a rare few become very close, trusted friends. Rarer still someone manages to stop you in your tracks and touch your heart.

Graeme had that rarest of gifts that enabled him to see the world in a way that the rest of us can't, until he started pointing it out to us that is. How many others have looked at the simple things nature provides us with and appreciated them a little bit more? I know I have. How often did we look at those we love and really understand how much we love them, I mean put it into words inside your head and realise what it is to have someone. I do that now.

To Liz, Mel, Graeme’s Parents and special nephews all I can offer is my heartfelt condolences. That very special man touched us all with his humour, wisdom and humility and he’s made my life better simply by being Graeme.

Rest easy my friend

[FONT=&quot]Neil & Bev[/FONT]

My mist sincere condolences go out to all of his family and friends.

Rest In Peae Graeme, it may have got your body, but your spirit still lives on strong.

RIP Hazey. truly an amazing man with a brilliant personality, we never met but i enjoyed all the conversations we had greatly. your blogs were inspirational and loved my many on here.

truly upsetting news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back