Hazey

Status
Not open for further replies.
We wander through our selfish lives, always looking for something else to own, something to make our lot better, often at the expense of others. Sometimes, only a few times in a lifetime, something happens that makes you stop and think, makes you re-evaluate your life and priorities

We meet lots of people as we hustle and bustle our way up some ladder of success, some of those people become friends, a rare few become very close, trusted friends. Rarer still someone manages to stop you in your tracks and touch your heart.

Graeme had that rarest of gifts that enabled him to see the world in a way that the rest of us can't, until he started pointing it out to us that is. How many others have looked at the simple things nature provides us with and appreciated them a little bit more? I know I have. How often did we look at those we love and really understand how much we love them, I mean put it into words inside your head and realise what it is to have someone. I do that now.

To Liz, Mel, Graeme’s Parents and special nephews all I can offer is my heartfelt condolences. That very special man touched us all with his humour, wisdom and humility and he’s made my life better simply by being Graeme.

Rest easy my friend

[FONT=&quot]Neil & Bev[/FONT]

Brilliantly put.

You were and will continue to be an outstanding inspiration to many.

I've shed tears and laughed over your posts and blogs. I hope you realise the impact you've had on so many peoples lifes, you were an outstanding man, your family should be so proud.

Blessings to Liz and your family

Sara

What can I say.

There was a thread on here posted by Hazey's sister and wife stating that sadly he died early this morning and dozens of you had posted your respects on it.

Unfortunately there were two diverging versions of the thread in different forums rather than a re-direct linking the two.

In my efforts to tidy this up, I have only gone and deleted them both (maybe Hazey is having a final laugh at me!!)

I can only apologise, and say although I never met the lad, I am gutted like everyone else.

Message from Liz and Mel was:

What a brave fella hazey was ......a true legend and will never be forgotton, i am really shocked at his death and i thought he would beat it when he first posted about his illness.

Condolences to all his family and friends .....RIP hazey lad you will be truely missed on here :cry: :cry: :cry:

RIP Hazey (I posted in the thread that got deleted, but I'll post again)

I'm only 17, but your blog basically told me to enjoy life to the absolute maximum, as any day could be your last. It's scary really how short life can be, and the ways it can end.

I had tears in my eyes when I read the thread. I didn't know the lad and I certainly haven't been on this forum for long, but his posts both on here and in his blog touched me. I suppose I've become more emotional towards these kind of things since my great-grandad died back in 2006.

You were and will continue to be an outstanding inspiration to many.

I've shed tears and laughed over your posts and blogs. I hope you realise the impact you've had on so many peoples lifes, you were an outstanding man, your family should be so proud.

Blessings to Liz and your family

Sara

concurred...........well said.....

Sadly, there was only way that Graeme was going to be relieved of the massive physical pain to which he has been subjected. Whilst it is obviously enormously sad that he has died, I feel relieved that he has been released from these agonies. I also feel hugely privileged to have, through his blog and his words on here, been allowed to share some of the biting wit, personal history and lifestyle, courage, humility and wisdom of someone who has, quite rightly, achieved the utmost admiration and respect.

Graeme might have physically departed, but his inspiration will last for all of us who read his words. He was a great realist so, if there were to be an SMB memorial tag, I would suggest the annual Hazey award for most realistic and humorous poster of the year.

Very sad news. Didn't know him but the people who did spoke very highly of him. RIP Thoughts and prayers with his friends and family

Shame the original thread was lost, but dont beat yourself up Roger, shit happens, genuinely saddened and my eyes moistened with real tears on seeing the sticky. RIP.

Like many i guess i never knew the lad but read his Blogs and took heart from his humour and determination which we could all learn from, I can empathise with his family as i lost my Dad to Cancer in April last year and he was diagnosed in January which just goes to show what a bastard of a disease it is.........i send my heartfelt condolences to his family and hope they can take heart from the obvious love and care he recieved and gave in equal measure..........

Rest in peace.

Sad sad news. Mine, and I'm sure everyone elses thoughts are with Liz, Mel and Graeme's family.

And wherever it is you're reading this Hazey...thanks for sharing your life with us all. A true inspiration. This one's for you.

Logon or register to see this image

Can soemone please post a link or tell me where to find the bit on radio Newcastle.

I tried listening to the Friday morning programme but could not find anything.

These things happen Roger, he's probably pissing himself up there.

RIP Hazey son, I think its fair to say you made us all realise our problems where, in the main, next to nowt.

Absolutely gutted here like. I was going to send him a book this week that I'd read not long ago, a Buddhist text that I found very helpful when things weren't going so well for me. I had no idea he would be gone so soon. Gutted.

RIP Hazey.

Really sorry to hear this news. I honestly didn't realise he was so young until I just looked at his profile.
I sent him a PM last week wishing him all the best, and he replied saying 'spare a thought for me this week'.
I'll tell you what, Hazey - I'll spare more than just one thought for you, as you deserve much, much more.
Darrel

Like many on here I never knew him personally, but his strength and humour throughout the worst were a real inspiration.

I have literally just got back from holiday to this news, and am really upset - he'll be up there taking the piss no doubt!

I will raise a glass.

RIP Hazey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back