Hazey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just logged on for the first time today.

RIP to my friend.

Hazey, lad, it was great to have you known you. I really enjoyed our debates on the universe, and later on poetry too. Like 1000s of others, I enjoyed your virtual company a lot, and like many of your lucky friends in the South I was delighted to share a few hours with you and Liz down the pub a few times.

I was walking into work this morning, not knowing the news, and I was thinking - oh, luck, there's two squirrels, there's a wood pigeon, I wonder what the bird cry is over there... and the boring walk was really nice...

For all the good things - thanks again, mate. I'm smiling and crying at the same time, lad - it's a bit weird, like.

Although I never met him, he helped me and a lot of the posters of this site through sad times. With his amazing bravery and humour he picked me up and made sure I knew how lucky I was.

He was a credit to his family and this board.

Sleep well my friend.

RIP

Last edited:
I've only just opened the computer today as I couldn't bear to read about it - just knowing was bad enough.

The last PM I got from Hazey was in response to an email I sent him about how difficult I was finding reading his blogs because of my Dad (who died of liver cancer in October). His reply was to tell me that he was there if I needed to talk and if he could help in any way. That's the sort of person he was: my friend and I'll miss him.

Words aren't really enough.

I've only just opened the computer today as I couldn't bear to read about it - just knowing was bad enough.

The last PM I got from Hazey was in response to an email I sent him about how difficult I was finding reading his blogs because of my Dad (who died of liver cancer in October). His reply was to tell me that he was there if I needed to talk and if he could help in any way. That's the sort of person he was: my friend and I'll miss him.

Words aren't really enough.

Incredible considering his own plight.

RIP to a wonderful & brave soul.
Hazey has helped and inspired so many.
My thoughts and prayers for Liz, Mel & rest of his family.

RIP Hazey.
As has been said before, but is so true, he was a real inspiration.
My condolences to Graeme's friends and family.

Sad sad news RIP Hazey

Best Wishes to all the Family and friends

you were a true true inspiration to us all, and you have had an effect on many here (myself included), though I never met you and now sadly never will, I feel that you were a friend and it has been an honour and a privlidge to read your thoughts and experiences

rest in peace m8

RIP graeme

a truly inspirational presence on these boards - i didnt personally know you, but like many somehow felt I did in a way through your writings

deepest sympathy to all your family from mine

rest now Hazey my friend

once again ;)

I and many others never met the lad but he was an inspiration.

His bravery & continued humour with live with me for a long time.

Thoughts with his family & friends at these sad times, best wishes to all

RIP Hazey lad.

Last edited:
Must admit I shied away from the blogs, and had never conversed with Hazey until Christmas Day when he commented he was loving his Sigur Ros DVD, which we both seem to have got on the day. Pleased it sounds he had a great Christmas, and hopefully didn't suffer too much.

Hopefully will catch up on your blogs when I'm a bit braver. RIP Hazey

I'll never forget that line from his post where he said that it 'looks like the game is up'.

Hit me like a hammer.

Condolences to Liz, Mel and all of Graeme's family and friends.

RIP Hazey lad.

I felt the same hammer of shock that most would have felt when they saw the sticky. We knew it was coming but it didn't lessen it for me. The bravery and dignity go without saying but he honestly touched my world - his poems, his love for and from his family, that specialness he shared with his wife, the raw crudeness of his descriptions where he left nothing to the imagination -I felt I was living his world with him.

The way he dealt with things genuinely affected me. People talk of perspective but there have been times when I have been down or whatever and thought of him and subconsciously slapped myself. His life was short but he had experiences some will never enjoy.

To you Hazey, we were privileged to know you

I'll never forget that line from his post where he said that it 'looks like the game is up'.

Hit me like a hammer.

Condolences to Liz, Mel and all of Graeme's family and friends.

RIP Hazey lad.

Agreed. It reminded me of Lappy's comment about his impending "relegation battle".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back