Hayes being touted for Chelsea job ...!

What I'm saying is it's wrong. Ex-players like Lampard should have to earn their way just like Jack Ross has too.

What experience does he have? Zola is a Chelsea legend. Poyet is a Chelsea legend. Is that all you need now?
Why should they? It's up to the employer, Shirley. Nobody knows who's going to succeed or otherwise.

What I'm saying is it's wrong. Ex-players like Lampard should have to earn their way just like Jack Ross has too.

What experience does he have? Zola is a Chelsea legend. Poyet is a Chelsea legend. Is that all you need now?

Zola and Poyet have both flopped, Lampard has done well at Derby. Like it or not being a club legend gives him an edge.

That's because rightly or wrongly they are almost guaranteed instant respect. A players respect for the coach will effect how much effort they will put into the game, you just have to look at many other clubs to prove that, for example Mourinho at Man Utd, there's no denying he's qualified for the job, but he lost the dressing room.

Whereas a manager from the women's league isn't likely to get respect from a lot of the players in the squad, same as if a league 2 manager took over at Chelsea.
With the Women's game being at such a low level compared to the men's then there's a discussion to be had whether that coaching experience is worth much to Chelsea in the first place.

She should start lower imo. She may gain the respect of the players at Chelsea if she joined, but it's far more of a gamble than I think Chelsea would be willing to take.
Wrongly. They should be afforded no more respect than any other person appointed as manager.

Let's be honest it would be because she's a woman.

Like Gary Neville?

That's the problem, big names mean more than coaching qualities. There's more to coaching than respect.

Why should Frank Lampard get the Chelsea job ahead say David Wagner or Chris Hughton?

Why shouldn't he?

Why would Chris Houghton be in contention?

What the fucks that got to do with Emma whats her face by the way?

So is the England job but Gareth Southgate still got it.

He coached the england under 21s very successfully and managed a premier league club.

There are no rules about this. It might work, it might not. If not she's got valuable experience and may have to take it to a lower level, but she'll still be better off than someone who doesn't have the experience.

It's a chaotic profession.

:eek: wtf, No she won't, there is no way you can be serious saying she'd be a better appointment than someone like Lampard, haway, give over man.

She has no experience in mens football at all.

Last edited:
Wrongly. They should be afforded no more respect than any other person appointed as manager.

Let's be honest it would be because she's a woman.
Zidane is always automatically going to get more respect than a league 2 manager.

Being a Woman unfortunately does not help, you’re right. I don’t think the way to fix that is to stick her into a top job though. It’s way too much of a risk for Chelsea. She needs to start lower.

Last edited:
Ex players get jobs all the time with minimal experience. Keane did fuck all before managing us.

If anything her coaching experience is of a good level, regardless of it being women’s football - Pep Guardiola only managed Barcelona’s B Team before becoming permanent manager. A huge job, and he got it based upon his coaching credentials imo.

Don't tell me what I am and what I am not thinking. You said she needed to coach at a lower level then make her way up. I've simply asked why that doesn't apply to some ex players and why do good managers at a lower level not get top jobs.

I've never once said I preferred her over anyone. Kindly stop making things up.

it's all about the environment that you've developed in. If you've played for 20 year and then managed for another 30 years at Morpeth Town, that doesn't mean you're ready to manage Chelsea. If you've played for 20 years at the top level winning league titles then you've 'grown up' in a top class football environment so have more credentials despite never managing at any level before.

Emma Hayes has been in the women's game for however many years but that does not compare in any way, shape or form to managing multi millionaire footballers in charge of a multi-billionaire pound company. If you wouldn't consider the Cowley brothers at Lincoln then why would anyone believe anyone in the female game would stand a chance of managing Chelsea? Neither have any experience of managing or working with multi-millionaires (male or female) so neither are ready to step up to the very top.

Ex players get jobs all the time with minimal experience. Keane did fuck all before managing us.

If anything her coaching experience is of a good level, regardless of it being women’s football - Pep Guardiola only managed Barcelona’s B Team before becoming permanent manager. A huge job, and he got it based upon his coaching credentials imo.

if her experience is of a good level then so is the experience of Danny Cowley. Should Chelsea appoint him?

He coached the england under 21s very successfully and managed a premier league club

He got the Premier League club relegated.

You said successfully managed in the men’s league. I don’t think a few games for the England u21’s counts as successfully managing in the League.

it's all about the environment that you've developed in. If you've played for 20 year and then managed for another 30 years at Morpeth Town, that doesn't mean you're ready to manage Chelsea. If you've played for 20 years at the top level winning league titles then you've 'grown up' in a top class football environment so have more credentials despite never managing at any level before.

Emma Hayes has been in the women's game for however many years but that does not compare in any way, shape or form to managing multi millionaire footballers in charge of a multi-billionaire pound company. If you wouldn't consider the Cowley brothers at Lincoln then why would anyone believe anyone in the female game would stand a chance of managing Chelsea? Neither have any experience of managing or working with multi-millionaires (male or female) so neither are ready to step up to the very top.

if her experience is of a good level then so is the experience of Danny Cowley. Should Chelsea appoint him?

He’d probs be able to do a good job - unfortunately, repute plays a big part in men’s football. Look at the jobs the likes of Tony Adams have have had despite being complete shite.

So as I said it's not about actual coaching. That's my point. Someone mentioned she needs to go down lower and get experience/knowledge of the game before taking on a job like Chelsea. That won't make a shred of difference. As you say the Cowleys won't be getting a top job anytime soon.

This place would be a laugh if we got rid of golden boy and employed her. Loads on here backing her for it, be interesting to see if she was linked here.

He got the Premier League club relegated.

You said successfully managed in the men’s league. I don’t think a few games for the England u21’s counts as successfully managing in the League.

a few games? he was manager for years, its infinitely more than what Hayes has done that is the point

a few games? he was manager for years, its infinitely more than what Hayes has done that is the point

Successfully managing in the Men’s League was your criteria for a top job. The sum total of his league success was getting relegated and then sacked.

Back