Hayes being touted for Chelsea job ...!

Are there not? I thought you needed various UEFA licences. Mind I don't know she doesn't have them, since Chelsea are a professional outfit I imagine she does
I meant in terms of experience

They've done 100x more in football than her aye, thats the point.
In men's football. She's been involved with football for years. So what's the point? She has to do well in the low leagues before she gets over looked?

Last edited:
Only time would tell us that. As for your last sentence how many times do clubs like Chelsea pick a manager from the lower leagues? Would the lads at Lincoln be deserving of a shot at a big club?
It's a total non starter in fairness. I'd like to see it but she would never be fully accepted or taken seriously enough by every single player. It would be a disaster waiting to happen and Chelsea of all clubs wouldn't go down this route

I meant in terms of experience

In men's football. She's been involved with football for years. So what's the point? She has to do well in the low leagues before she gets over looked?

She has to coach at a much higher standard than what she has been doing, thats the point.

She has the A licence too I believe so she is as qualified as any other PL manager.

She might not have the experience but there’s only one way to get it.
The typical path isn't to start at a club like Chelsea though tbf.

Usually that only happens with a club legend / world class footballers.
Think she should start lower, if she fails at Chelsea it would be magnified and would rightly or wrongly effect the future of women in men's football.

Last edited:
Well, I'll state with confidence that won't be the next Chelsea (mens) manager. IMO.
I agree. But I think she's in the running. Chelsea have had some fully deserved absolute shit in the media in recent years so this may go some way to making up some ground. Cynically, that will be the reason she is linked.

Back