Hayes being touted for Chelsea job ...!

So as I said it's not about actual coaching. That's my point. Someone mentioned she needs to go down lower and get experience/knowledge of the game before taking on a job like Chelsea. That won't make a shred of difference. As you say the Cowleys won't be getting a top job anytime soon.

if the Cowley's took Lincoln to the championship then ended up at Aston Villa (for instance) and then got them promoted and into the top ten of the prem and then took over at Everton and then they'd be in with a shout. That is what people are saying Hayes needs to do. Most top players get a shot early in their coaching career and get to bypass the Lincoln stage. Managing for 20 years in the women's game doesn't let you bypass that stage so she does need to go down lower otherwise she stands no chance.

He’d probs be able to do a good job - unfortunately, repute plays a big part in men’s football. Look at the jobs the likes of Tony Adams have have had despite being complete shite.

of course repute plays a big part. You could win the league every season for 30 years at Morpeth Town. You're clearly good at what you're doing at that level but that doesn't mean you deserve to manage Manchester United. Your reputation is based at Morpeth's level despite winning everything for 30 years.

if you've won the prem and champions league as a player, you're instantly more viable for a top job in the prem

Last edited:
if the Cowley's took Lincoln to the championship then ended up at Aston Villa (for instance) and then got them promoted and into the top ten of the prem and then took over at Everton and then they'd be in with a shout. That is what people are saying Hayes needs to do. Most top players get a shot early in their coaching career and get to bypass the Lincoln stage. Managing for 20 years in the women's game doesn't let you bypass that stage so she does need to go down lower otherwise she stands no chance.

of course repute plays a big part. You could win the league every season for 30 years at Morpeth Town. You're clearly good at what you're doing at that level but that doesn't mean you deserve to manage Manchester United. Your reputation is based at Morpeth's level despite winning everything for 30 years.

if you've won the prem and champions league as a player, you're instantly more viable for a top job in the prem
Fuck me :lol:
I know all of that. It rarely happens in this country.

To be fair Southgate had experience in management and a good record with the players he was about to manage

I never said she was as experienced as Southgate. I was pointing out that he didn’t have a history of success in the men’s leagues. Which was the objection raised to her.

It makes sense that she would be considered imo, it seems Chelsea want to appointment someone who knows the club and gets the ethos. I think Lampard would be a better choice though considering what he's done at Derby.

Are there not? I thought you needed various UEFA licences. Mind I don't know she doesn't have them, since Chelsea are a professional outfit I imagine she does
They have a certain time to get them. I think it might be like 12 months after employment she has to pass the badges.
Might be hard to fit that in around managing a professional club

Can we turn back time and appoint her instead of Moyes?
If Ross doesn’t work out I’d like to see us be the first to appoint a women as manager. World Wide recognition for some good media for once

Last edited:
Have Chelsea sacked Sarri like?
He's got them into the champions league, lost the league cup final on pens and could still win the Europa league. Canny season really.
They're not currently looking for a manager are they?
People getting themselves all up a height about a hypothetical situation.

Back