Have you had your covid19 vaccination yet?

Your vaccination status

• Had the pfizer first jab

Votes: 149 12.0%
  • Had the pfizer second jab

Votes: 170 13.7%
  • Had the AstraZeneca first jab

Votes: 286 23.0%
  • Had the Astra Zeneca second jab

Votes: 295 23.7%
  • Had the Moderna first jab

Votes: 34 2.7%
  • Had the Moderna second jab

Votes: 75 6.0%
  • Had other covid vaccination

Votes: 11 0.9%
  • Won't have a vaccination

Votes: 65 5.2%
  • Can't have a vaccination

Votes: 3 0.2%
  • Awaiting to be invited

Votes: 156 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Question for the people on this thread who have had their second jab, are booking in for their second jab or just know how the system works.

Basically my grandparents had the first vaccine, Pfizer I think about 12 weeks ago. The month window will be up on Wednesday and they have not heard anything. Is that the norm?

I'm asking because I have a friend who got vaccinated not too long ago in category 4 I think, who already has a date in April for his second.

My concern is that the guidelines changed one day before my grandparents got their second. It was cancelled the same day, that they have fallen through some cracks.

Are there any consequences of missing the 12 window and should they be chasing? They are mid 80's if that help.

Cheers in advance.
My Mam and dad haven’t been given their 2nd jab date yet, it should be due end of the month. I think if it goes the the GP lists they’ll get in contact again. My mates have just done it through NHS app as they now qualify, and they have got to book both 1st and 2nd appointments at the same time. This may be due to it being the larger places like the Nightingale whereas the GP ones will be smaller.
I would probably give the practice a ring if they coming up to the 12 week period

The mrs and I both got our appointments on the same day, slightly different times and they also booked us in for the second dose at the time

posted in another thread by mistake but the above is how it panned out for us

Tuesday coming for me. I’ve already had a dummy run down to the nightingale centre, just to make sure.
I have mine late on in the month, I was also going to do a dummy run to the nightingale centre.
What is it like ? Do I need to leave plenty of time for traffic etc ?
Is there plenty of parking there ?

I have mine late on in the month, I was also going to do a dummy run to the nightingale centre.

I left with plenty of time and glad I did as it’s not particularly well sign posted how to find it, but there was very little traffic around and once we got there plenty of parking at the centre.

If you're coming from Washington, it's easier going through Concord and round the back of Nissan if you know that way to avoid the roadworks on the A19.

Plenty of parking available. Have your appointment notification ready. There was a security guard on the road outside and I had to show my text before I was allowed into the car park.

Loads of empty parking spots when I was there, I also had to show security my text with my appt on to get into the car park. They asked for my booking reference which was also on my text and when I went to the table for my jab they asked for my NHS number so take that if you have it.

Last edited:
If you're coming from Washington, it's easier going through Concord and round the back of Nissan if you know that way to avoid the roadworks on the A19.

Plenty of parking available. Have your appointment notification ready. There was a security guard on the road outside and I had to show my text before I was allowed into the car park.
Exactly the route I took.

Loads of empty parking spots when I was there, I also had to show security my text with my appt on to get into the car park. They asked for my booking reference which was also on my text and when I went to the table for my jab they asked for my NHS number so take that if you have it.
How long were you in there mate? And were you jabbed on time? Ive got mine on the 19th and was planning to turn about ten minutes early,so just wondering if thats the right idea.

How long were you in there mate? And were you jabbed on time? Ive got mine on the 19th and was planning to turn about ten minutes early,so just wondering if thats the right idea.
Everything was exactly on time, I was in and out in less than 15 minutes. Appt was 9.55am and was out by 10.05am, that included a 5 minute wait afterwards (if you're driving it's a 15 minute wait). You are told to wait until 5 minutes before your jab time before you go into the building.

I had a dummy run to the nightingale near Nissan and on that day the car park was nearly empty. My friend has been to have a jab and they were in and out, within 20 mins

Had the AZ yesterday, just at the GP, was in and out in 10 minutes, no observations though they told me I’d have to wait for 15 mins they let me straight out.

Just feel really run down today. Can’t get temperature right and feel really wiped out with a fast heart rate and muscle aches are pretty bad. Don’t feel ill as such just a bit like the tail end of a bad hangover.

In long run the short term pain for good gain

Ignore what you are reading, and what you are seeing amongst friends and family is probably more typical.

I personally don't know anyone under 65 who doesn't either have a significant health problem or work for the NHS or in a care home who has been vaccinated yet.

Two thirds of the adult population still haven't been done.

Agreed.

I'm pretty much fit and healthy except I'm asthmatic and have been hospitalised in the past. Including one night at 2 in the morning where I had to drive to Sunderland to go to A&E and spend the night in hospital. I've no idea how I didn't crack a few ribs driving up the A19 trying to get some breath, and an inhaler didn't help. I'm guessing the logic is that anyone with a chest condition that can lead to hospitalisation is at risk of a virus which impacts the lungs.

Anyone wanting to jump the queue can simply volunteer to do the jabs. I personally am not interested in taking someone else's dose who needs it more than me, which is why volunteering for that didn't interest me. When I heard on the news that asthmatics who have been hospitalised are in the next priority group, I rang the doctors and I think for some reason I'd being missed off the list because the doctors called the next day with appointment details for 2 days later meaning they were pretty keen to get me in for a jab.

I was grateful, by the way, and the lad at the doctors called my home and then my mobile to track me down: 'can't ask for more than that.

I don't know anyone who has been able to jump the queue except those who have volunteered to do jabs.

This is a long thread to trawl through but has it been discussed whether 1st dose numbers are going to be affected when we start reaching the point 12 weeks from when 1st doses were hitting big daily numbers and as such all those people should be getting their 2nd dose ?

This is a long thread to trawl through but has it been discussed whether 1st dose numbers are going to be affected when we start reaching the point 12 weeks from when 1st doses were hitting big daily numbers and as such all those people should be getting their 2nd dose ?

Yes and no they won’t. There are vastly more places to be vaccinated than there was twelve weeks ago and improved supplies of vaccine. Given current numbers it should be possible to vaccinate all of the second doses while still hitting half a million first doses per day.

Back