Have u ever parked in a disabled or child on board parking bay ? And not been in that category/ took the piss

Pisses me off no end doing rounds of a car park waiting for a parent and child bay only to see some knacker return to their car with no children. It’s a nightmare trying to squeeze in a normal space and getting two kids out of a car seat and pram out the boot. Feel like keying their cars.
Leave the bairns at home. They'll be champion man.

Did I mention I've got a book out called "Good Parenting"?

Wouldn't ever use a disabled spot unless it was a medical emergency but used the parent and toddler ones a quite a few times if no spots. Snivelling little shits can walk. When I was younger my Mam would always make me give my seat up on a Bus etc to elder adults

Wouldn't ever use a disabled spot unless it was a medical emergency but used the parent and toddler ones a quite a few times if no spots. Snivelling little shits can walk. When I was younger my Mam would always make me give my seat up on a Bus etc to elder adults
The wider spaces are not so the "snivelling little shits" can walk. It is so a parent can access the car with car seats and have a bit of space to grab kids and get them put in pushchairs etc. Giving up a seat to an adult on a bus has nothing to do with accessible spaces in a car park. It was just good manners that hopefully would also be shown to parents who need space in a car park.

The wider spaces are not so the "snivelling little shits" can walk. It is so a parent can access the car with car seats and have a bit of space to grab kids and get them put in pushchairs etc. Giving up a seat to an adult on a bus has nothing to do with accessible spaces in a car park. It was just good manners that hopefully would also be shown to parents who need space in a car park.
Aye I know. I was just giving an honest answer saying I've used them before.

The you'll be OK with a dinger in your car door when I have to park in a regular bay?

There is no whatever there though. It's a carpark where people just sit and admire the view, go for a cliff top walk or a walk down to the sea. There are no shops or other facilities. If you're there for a walk then a few metres more really makes no difference. There should be a couple of disabled spaces for wider wheelchair access. Incase you're admiring the view then decide to leave the car. But not the proportion they are in now.
If you can get there & go down to the beach or a cliff top walk why can't a person with a disability? Disability isn't just confined wheelchair users. Who are you to decide who & why someone with a disability is capable of walking a few more metres? Whatever is convenient to you may not be so for someone else .

I've seen old codgers in an accessible space sat with a flask & butties when there are ordinary spaces available & that is annoying.

Wouldn't park in them if I didn't need to, as much as it's handy they're closer to the shop they're about giving more space for access as well. It's a pain in the arse trying to get a kid out of a car when you can't get the door fully open in a regular space.

If you can get there & go down to the beach or a cliff top walk why can't a person with a disability? Disability isn't just confined wheelchair users. Who are you to decide who & why someone with a disability is capable of walking a few more metres? Whatever is convenient to you may not be so for someone else .

I've seen old codgers in an accessible space sat with a flask & butties when there are ordinary spaces available & that is annoying.
No need to get snotty it's just an exchange of opinions.
There are spaces that don't face the sea that are as close to the path, in fact closer. I'm not sure why you think they wouldn't be able to access the beach after parking elsewhere in the carpark. There is no real difference. Disabled spaces are wider and meant for wheelchair users to get out of the car easily. Once out of the car they will be either pushed or propel themselves. That's all that is needed a wide space.
The wide space can be anywhere in a carpark if that carpark doesn't give access to shops for instance. If a disabled person is just enjoying the view and not leaving the car then any width space will do.
For some reason though they've made nearly all the spaces with the sea view disabled. Which was a daft and wrong thing to do. No wonder these "old codgers" you mentioned sit in them with their flask.

There are spaces that don't face the sea that are as close to the path, in fact closer. I'm not sure why you think they wouldn't be able to access the beach after parking elsewhere in the carpark. There is no real difference. Disabled spaces are wider and meant for wheelchair users to get out of the car easily. Once out of the car they will be either pushed or propel themselves. That's all that is needed a wide space.
The wide space can be anywhere in a carpark if that carpark doesn't give access to shops for instance. If a disabled person is just enjoying the view and not leaving the car then any width space will do.
For some reason though they've made nearly all the spaces with the sea view disabled. Which was a daft and wrong thing to do. No wonder these "old codgers" you mentioned sit in them with their flask.
Just curious why you would want to go to the coast, and sit and eat chips in your car looking at the sea?
Might as well stop at home and look at a picture.
I always laugh at those people as I walk past. What's the point?.

No accessible spaces are exclusively for wheel chair users. Blue Badges are issued to people with autism /learning disabilities/non-visible disabilities. My son can walk, but needs plenty of space to open the car door to get in & out due to his physical disability. I don't drop him further away, leave him & find another space due to his learning disability. Accessible spaces aren't there for people to remain in the car, they are there for people to be nearer to any amenity & get out of their car. The spaces you are referring to are not there for disabled people to sit on their car & look at the view. So older people shouldn't be in an accessible place if they have no intention of getting out of their car.

Despicable attitude.
Despicable attitude?????? I've had my car damaged by some bellend to the tune of 3k while I was parked properly and inside the shop. My insurance has now gone up another 20 quid a month thru no fault of my own even with protected no claims and I have a despicable attitude?? I'd rather take a bigger space and maybe inconvenience some fat woman in her PJs than out my car at risk again.

No accessible spaces are exclusively for wheel chair users. Blue Badges are issued to people with autism /learning disabilities/non-visible disabilities. My son can walk, but needs plenty of space to open the car door to get in & out due to his physical disability. I don't drop him further away, leave him & find another space due to his learning disability. Accessible spaces aren't there for people to remain in the car, they are there for people to be nearer to any amenity & get out of their car. The spaces you are referring to are not there for disabled people to sit on their car & look at the view. So older people shouldn't be in an accessible place if they have no intention of getting out of their car.
I didn't say the old codgers should be in them I said no wonder they are in them.
There is only a clifftop path which goes down to the sea to access from this carpark. There are spaces as close to the path which could have been set as disabled which don't overlook the sea. There was no need to make nearly all the spaces for disabled badge holders only. The seaview spaces should be first come first served for anybody. It's not like a supermarket where you might need to be close to the door so you don't have far to travel. The path is there for walkers along the cliff top or down to the sea. If you're there for a walk it hardly matters where you are in the carpark.
Sorry to hear about your son. My son was born with bilateral talipes and has had a number of op's as a baby and child. Which resulted in his legs being both in plaster. It made life very difficult.

Despicable attitude?????? I've had my car damaged by some bellend to the tune of 3k while I was parked properly and inside the shop. My insurance has now gone up another 20 quid a month thru no fault of my own even with protected no claims and I have a despicable attitude?? I'd rather take a bigger space and maybe inconvenience some fat woman in her PJs than out my car at risk again.
Yep, it's not the first time that I've noticed you posting with a twattish attitude. Try carrying a child seat with a child in it for a couple of hundred yards and you'll realise why 'parent & child' spaces exist.

Yes do it all of the time, especially down Sainsbury's where there's a gazillion empty disabled and parent bays. Normal spaces just don't cut it these days, more chance of some useless twats hitting your car with their door or a trolley.

Back