Have u ever parked in a disabled or child on board parking bay ? And not been in that category/ took the piss

Suddickers think rules don’t apply to them but are up in arms they think they are a victim of the rules
Most people do.

Blue badge holder on this thread says that it’s not right that people use disabled spots but happily parks in parent and child spaces despite not being entitled to.

Mental really.

I have a blue badge. Applied for it this year due to spinal injuries from a motorcycle accident 15 years ago. Never thought I would need one until recently. I never parked in disabled bays before and never really took much notice of the abuse carried out by people. Now I have the badge when I try to park in a disabled bay, no matter where at, I find they are all full with half the cars not displaying a badge. Boils my P***. Saw a young lass the other day at Asda Grangetown pull up in a bay, jump out and walk straight into the store without a care in the world, dressed in her gym gear so looks as if she had been to the gym. I was gong to say something but then thought why the F*** should I, she should have more common sense. Obviously doesn't give a flying f***.

I use the child spaces all the time now after someone pulled out of their space and pulled the bumper off my car and just buggered off. No shame in admitting it either. I value me car over some scratter kids every time.

I have a blue badge. Applied for it this year due to spinal injuries from a motorcycle accident 15 years ago. Never thought I would need one until recently. I never parked in disabled bays before and never really took much notice of the abuse carried out by people. Now I have the badge when I try to park in a disabled bay, no matter where at, I find they are all full with half the cars not displaying a badge. Boils my P***. Saw a young lass the other day at Asda Grangetown pull up in a bay, jump out and walk straight into the store without a care in the world, dressed in her gym gear so looks as if she had been to the gym. I was gong to say something but then thought why the F*** should I, she should have more common sense. Obviously doesn't give a flying f***.
Fortunately im not a blue badge holder -however I totally get where you are coming from and your accident shows how life can change quickly.
It was 15 years ago and causing issues still it was obviously a bad one and you need those bays more than others( as will many others ) -there but for the grace of the big fella go us all.We are becoming much more “ I will do this because I can “ -much more than years ago -which is a shame because the one thing the North East was generally proud of was looking after each other .
All the best for 2024 marra .

It's massively abused. In theory spaces that are wider than normal for wheelchair removal and near the entrance to a shop is a good idea. In practice it's abused.
It's got a bit silly now as well. A carpark I used to park in overlooking the sea was great for sitting in with a bag of chips or a sandwich and just look at the view. But they made most of the spaces disabled which I couldn't work out why. It's not like you're nearer a shop or place of work so you don't have as far to travel. It seems to sit in your car and enjoy a view you have to be disabled now. While I'm all for giving disabled people every help in their life this is just plain daft.
Haven't read all thread, but accessible parking places aren't there for sitting & admiring the view. They're there so the disabled person can get out of the car & have easier access to whatever. Spaces near the sea are for easier access to the sea/prom.

No ...I wouldn't do do it and it boils my piss when I can't get in a mother/baby space because some arsehole in a 4x4 is taking up a bay.

Happens all the time at Morrisons in Bish.

I f***ing hate it when people park in disabled bays. There’s a Greggs near me with a disabled bay, I always see lazy tossers parking in it.

No mercy from me, they should have their tyres slashed the first time and their kneecaps done in the second.
Never seen you post for a while ., where you been ?

Trying to get a car seat out with a newborn in a normal space is impossible. Anybody using parent and child’s without kids, or kids able to walk want shooting with shit
But I read on here it’s no enforceable so blue badge holders can simply use them if they want

I remember the old early 80s
Full of racism ,sexism etc
We used to park my mates Transporter van in the " Spa....." car park next to the tram shelter at seaburn and play tunes on his ghetto blaster, whistling at passing females or playing keeps up
So yes ,I have
Hate people who do it now

Haven't read all thread, but accessible parking places aren't there for sitting & admiring the view. They're there so the disabled person can get out of the car & have easier access to whatever. Spaces near the sea are for easier access to the sea/prom.
There is no whatever there though. It's a carpark where people just sit and admire the view, go for a cliff top walk or a walk down to the sea. There are no shops or other facilities. If you're there for a walk then a few metres more really makes no difference. There should be a couple of disabled spaces for wider wheelchair access. Incase you're admiring the view then decide to leave the car. But not the proportion they are in now.

Once went to pick up my grown up Daughter from the supermarket. Parked in the last available child bay. Wifey in a fuck off 4x4 wound the window down, and told me in no uncertain terms to f***ing shift it to let her in. Child seat in the back of her truck, but no sproglet.
Gave her a good ignoring, and went in to the shop. When I came out, she was parked across the back of my car, but still in hers. Told her to shift and she gave me a proper gobful about using a space she wanted, and being selfish.
Then my Daughter came out of the shop, with my 8 mth old Granddaughter sitting in her trolley. 🤣🤣🤣
Her face was an absolute picture as she drove off, and somebody else got the space when we left anarl.🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
Pisses me off no end doing rounds of a car park waiting for a parent and child bay only to see some knacker return to their car with no children. It’s a nightmare trying to squeeze in a normal space and getting two kids out of a car seat and pram out the boot. Feel like keying their cars.

Back