Haseeb Hamed

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Stoneman scoring a couple of centuries for the Brown Hatters he must be a shoe in for selection for the Test Squad.

Speaking of Surrey..tbh it wouldn't suprise me if there was a recall for Borthwick and Geoff Arnold as well.:)
Good idea. Arnold and Woody and we'd have 2 horses opening the bowling.

Hameed could play but the coverage has been over the top, he has done full interviews in all the tabloid and broadsheets, over 2 players.

Saw Sam Robson this week, looks a much much better player.

I think Rocky will play for England by the end of 2017.

Just looked an LBW waiting to happen every time he played for England. Hopefully he's ironed out a technical flaw against the ball coming back into him.

Nice to see the lad back in form. A long term replacement for Cook. Maybe for a couple of years time.
Yeah, think the whole of English cricket has been willing Hameed to get back in to form. Having said that, watching Cook and Hameed block their way to 25-0 at lunch on a green seamer at Trent Bridge in early season is going to make people fall asleep

Proper cricket.
Watch out mate, you'll have a couple along in a minute to tell you why white ball cricket is better, and you're a snob for thinking otherwise :lol:

Yeah, think the whole of English cricket has been willing Hameed to get back in to form. Having said that, watching Cook and Hameed block their way to 25-0 at lunch on a green seamer at Trent Bridge in early season is going to make people fall asleep
I'd rather 25-0 and struggling to stay awake than 25-3 and struggling to stay sane...

Cloudy and humid today at OT, a seamers dream. Very nice innings digging in, left everything outside off except the odd half volley.

So clearly he has a defensive technique and seems technically proficient.

But does he really have enough scoring areas against quality sides? Will that change when he bulks up a bit?

He does lack power, anything not close to the middle of the bat doesn't get off the strip. Innings today was his in his comfort zone, he doesn't look anything like the same player when there's pace in the pitch. Ergo, I wouldn't go overboard pushing him on to The Ashes side.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back