Haseeb Hamed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durhamish

Midfield
Last 5 scores

If he has another shit game I can see Keat opening with Cook vs SA, we're thin enough in the batting department as it is.

We'll see I guess.

If his poor form and Jennings good form continue it is possible..a pair of 40s is not exactly bad like so really it is just a king pair in one match [?] to worry about.

if it was me, I'd rather fit them both into the top 3 and have root in at 4

I'm pretty sure they will both fit in to the top 3, especially with Root taking the captaincy.

not sure, perhaps because of the captaincy but general aussie thinking is best bat at 3 so I wouldn't be surprised to see bayless stick with root there.

not sure, perhaps because of the captaincy but general aussie thinking is best bat at 3 so I wouldn't be surprised to see bayless stick with root there.

Maybe, I just think they were reluctant to get him too high in the first place, and now with the captaincy aswell 4 would be the perfect fit.

I like the idea of Cook, Hamed, Jennings, Root, Bairstow, Stokes as a top 6. Nice mix of players in there.

I noticed his form had dropped away.

I think I'd be tempted not to play him for England until it picks up again, which it will because he's a good player. It will be hard enough playing for England as a young kid while also being out of form.

Cook, Stoneman, Borthwick, Root, Bairstow, Ali, Rashid/Plunkett, Woakes, Broad, Anderson, Hart

IMO
Good move keeping Jennings and Wood with Durham .... tbh, it's not necessary to take Broad away from Notts as we don't play them again this season so any good 2nd Div bowler would do instead although I can't think of any off hand.

Good move keeping Jennings and Wood with Durham .... tbh, it's not necessary to take Broad away from Notts as we don't play them again this season so any good 2nd Div bowler would do instead although I can't think of any off hand.

aye fair point, notts will need broad to ensure they romp div 2 and we have zero chance of promotion.

finn in for broad then

Reactions: Bri
jennings, robson, ballance, stoneman, borthwick, vince - all piling on the runs, just a shame we don't have a test till july as their is a fair bit of competition on the batting front

Hameed could play but the coverage has been over the top, he has done full interviews in all the tabloid and broadsheets, over 2 players.

Saw Sam Robson this week, looks a much much better player.

I think Rocky will play for England by the end of 2017.

Livingstone or Northeast to maybes take up that extra batting spot in the middle order.

Livingstone was down at 7 for Lancs last season and the stand out performer for the lions.

You mustn't follow durham much then. Asher Hart who left us last season to join Hampshite
Well he's a Yorkshire fan and Hart only just made his professional debut earlier this month against a Uni side. So why would he?

Last edited:
Not sure county form is ever taken into account when the selector(s) pick the England Team, especially if you are already in the team or you have a central contract

I think you have to go with Hameed. He looked excellent in the winter, in tough conditions, and showed he had the ability to bat to the situation where required. As an opener in April you always have every chance of nicking off. Don't know the stats but noticed he was caught at the wicket a few times. Nothing to worry about IMO and him, Cook and Jennings should make up our top 3 for the first test.

With Stoneman scoring a couple of centuries for the Brown Hatters he must be a shoe in for selection for the Test Squad.

Speaking of Surrey..tbh it wouldn't suprise me if there was a recall for Borthwick and Geoff Arnold as well.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back