Haseeb Hamed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hameed was better. He looked more composed and at home than Jennings

No he didn't

Alright, maybe he wasn't exactly class but he was better than okay.

Wouldn't be too bad.

I like him

I really don't know whether to play him or not

I think his game is better suited to Indian pitches than Australian

It's easy for me to say play him, but I'm not in the pressure of decision making

He can't open with cook, who actually scores faster than people think

But he could play 3

Last edited by a moderator:

No he didn't

I like him

I really don't know whether to play him or not

I think his game is better suited to Indian pitches than Australian

It's easy for me to say play him, but I'm not in the pressure of decision making

He can't open with cook, who actually scores faster than people think

But he could play 3

He certainly looked more composed. His innings where he stuck at it before getting a grubber was exceptional. Maturity beyond his years. He was consistently decent in India.

Not advocating a recall just yet but I think he has more of a long term future with England than Jennings

Jennings is no where near good enough,Hammed is better,but he scores like a snail against county attacks, god knows what his scoring rate would be against a quality international attack.

He may be able to occupy the crease for long periods of time as apparently he has a good leave!!!

Not sure how many runs are scored by leaves!.

Imo in test cricket it would just be a matter of time before he got a good ball that gets him out and even if he had been batting 3 hours he would probably have about 20 runs.

All cricket is about scoring runs

Last 5 scores

If he has another shit game I can see Keat opening with Cook vs SA, we're thin enough in the batting department as it is.

Very dangerous to make decisions based purely on 5 numbers. You don't know the context in which the dismissals occured. He could have got 2 wonderballs and a dreadful decision. Conversely the 47 and 45 may have been on benign, flat tracks where 150 would have been a good score.

Jennings is no where near good enough,Hammed is better,but he scores like a snail against county attacks, god knows what his scoring rate would be against a quality international attack.

He may be able to occupy the crease for long periods of time as apparently he has a good leave!!!

Not sure how many runs are scored by leaves!.

Imo in test cricket it would just be a matter of time before he got a good ball that gets him out and even if he had been batting 3 hours he would probably have about 20 runs.

All cricket is about scoring runs

Like India for example?

Like India for example?

I think its fair to say the wickets in Australia are a lot diffrent.

It's also fair to say his current form this season is not as good as it was then.

If he did go to Australia (I know injured now) at best we would be just picking him to take up time,imo could not see him scoring a lot of runs.

It's also fair to say his current form this season is not as good as it was then.

If he did go to Australia (I know injured now) at best we would be just picking him to take up time,imo could not see him scoring a lot of runs.
If he was fit then take him on the Lions tour to Aus too. game time and there if required

You were making a broad point about quality attacks rather than specifically Australia I thought. He shouldn't go and hasn't earned his place. However If you are good enough to survive in the first place I think it is easier to score your runs more quickly in Australia with pace on the ball then it is in say the sub continent.

Reactions: Bri
You were making a broad point about quality attacks rather than specifically Australia I thought. He shouldn't go and hasn't earned his place. However If you are good enough to survive in the first place I think it is easier to score your runs more quickly in Australia with pace on the ball then it is in say the sub continent.

I was more making the point that he would score his runs slowly against any decent attack

Agree with @Voice of fair play on this one.

I don't mind a player with a relatively low strike rate, in fact a few of the England boys score too fast at times - but if he struggles to score against county attacks, Christ knows how he'd fare in Test cricket.

That said, he's only a young lad and clearly has bundles of talent.

I don't mind a player with a relatively low strike rate, in fact a few of the England boys score too fast at times - but if he struggles to score against county attacks, Christ knows how he'd fare in Test cricket.

Yeah there is nothing wrong with getting stuck in, but he honestly takes it to a new level.

Or by the way mate,went to the T20 last week was really looking forward to it, until I was stuck in front of some young lads going on like absolute wankers screaming abuse at their player on the boundary all game, defintelty chavs:D

Seriously though they spoilt it for me.

Last edited:
Yeah there is nothing wrong with getting stuck in, but he honestly takes it to a new level.

Or by the way mate,went to the T20 last week was really looking forward to it, until I was stuck in front of some young lads going on like absolute wankers screaming abuse at their player on the boundary all game, defintelty chavs:D

Seriously though they spoilt it for me.
Haha! Sorry they ruined it for you, mate.

As I've said, I love T20 cricket. I consider myself a purist, but my first ever game was a T20. But unfortunately the majority of T20 goers are utter wankers who go to get pissed up and act like helmets, rather than watch the cricket.

Haha! Sorry they ruined it for you, mate.

As I've said, I love T20 cricket. I consider myself a purist, but my first ever game was a T20. But unfortunately the majority of T20 goers are utter wankers who go to get pissed up and act like helmets, rather than watch the cricket.

Well I can't dispute than anymore mate,because like I say the people behind me went on like total tosspots, soo much so that a older bloke and his wife saw the need to ask to move seats, which I think is sad.

I do think the atmosphere created and the full grounds and the skills on display make T20 a brillant game to watch mind, just sad you get these idiots going on like total pricks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back