Has 'Chris Coleman' done a good job overall so far?

He took over a squad of misfits with no morale. He's managed to clear out some of the deadwood and given others a chance. No money was given for new players in the transfer window. He's still got a bunch of misfits and we've had consistency problems due to injuries and suspensions, but morale seems a little better.

I never expected him to come in and we'd win everything and go charging up the league. I think he's done as well as can be expected with very limited resources and everything that has gone against him. 8/10.

He's done the best he could just like most of the managers we've had, but managing this club is like fetching water in a colander.

I still think a lot of these high scores are down to his charm and that he had a decent managerial record before coming in and that most are grateful that he didn't have to take it.

Hypothetically, had it have been a Brown or McCoist who came in, which looked likely, and did exactly the same as CC in terms of transfer activity, performances and results then I'm sure those high scores on page 2 would automatically have a couple of points knocked off.

About a 7.5.
The deal with being willing to experiment and try things is that, sometimes they come off (inspired selection) and sometimes they don't (f***ing knacker).
The squad is, predominantly made up of inexperienced youth, injured people and bad goalkeepers. I'm not sure that there is much more he can do.

The positives:
We've kept a bunch of clean sheets.
We've won games despite losing our top scorer.
We came back from 3-0 down. Remember that thing Coleman said about getting mentally strong and having belief and spirit and stuff and it would take time? We'd never have had the gumption to do that under any of the last few managers.

I still think a lot of these high scores are down to his charm and that he had a decent managerial record before coming in and that most are grateful that he didn't have to take it.

Hypothetically, had it have been a Brown or McCoist who came in, which looked likely, and did exactly the same as CC in terms of transfer activity, performances and results then I'm sure those high scores on page 2 would automatically have a couple of points knocked off.
Agree with this. I haven't took to him tbh. Some of the praise, and stick, he gets is over the top.

He’s only giving youth a chance because he has to. I have no doubt he’d fill the squad with shit like Robson Kanu, James Collins and the likes if he could.

A 3, hasn’t done anything special, a slight improvement on SG

Load of shite, he proved with Wales he would give youth a chance

6 or 7 from me. I have a little bit of hope these days before matches begin. He's a step up from Grayson for sure but ultimately we're not much better off than we were when he left. I think this is mainly down to the other sides showing a mild improvement too.

But part of being a manager is saying the right things. Motivating the players (or atleast attempting to). Look at Moyes for an example after what he said it was always an uphill battle.

He does say the right things, he I sitting his best, he's getting theta s on board and trying to get the team to play fearlessly which is easier said than done.

I like him, I like what he says, I like what he has done with very little in terms of funding and player movement and i like what he's doing with regards to giving the youths a chance.

For these reasons I'll give him an 8.

6 or 7 for me.
It’s a mess of other people’s making and he’s not getting the tools for the job so is having to bodge it with broken down components and gaffa tape. If it holds up until the end of the season it’ll be a 9.
The back 5 carry on is my main problem with him but as we don’t always know what’s going on backstage maybe he’s felt that’s been his only option at times. I doubt it’s his preferred system but I don’t know enough about his managerial history at Fulham, Cov, Sociedad and Wales to know for sure.

That comeback against Bristol city on Saturday suggests that there is more to come if we keep it 4-4-2...

A 6 so far for Coleman, some crucial games coming up.

5/10. After his first few actions after getting the job I expected to be 5/6 points clear of the bottom 3 for now but he’s slightly forgiven for how rank our players are.

I can’t remember who said it on here the other day, but someone made a good point and said our last few managers have came in with a system in mind and been stubborn with it, but they all find out that it doesn’t work and move away from it.

Coleman is no different in that sense and needs to figure it out pretty sharpish.

Off the pitch though, can’t fault him and I like what he says, but obviously it’s the results that matter.

6/10

8/10 for me, a manager who has finally sussed out JR and sent him packing, a number of clean sheets and a couple of wins, he seems to be wanting to win rather than just not get beat, if we go down, I'd like us to go down fighting for 3 points, not settling for 1, I think it's important to be targeting 3 points in our position.

Have to say though we've also had a couple of very poor performances.

Can't believe some folk are giving him an 8 or 9 like. :lol:

He's done a better job than Grayson who had constraints anarl. Pathetic defeats to Barnsley, Ipswich, Birmingham and Cardiff. Anything above a 5 is very generous so far.
I do like him and i'm hopeful he can turn it around but we haven't exactly flown up the table since he arrived. Hopefully Saturday was the turning point.

This. He's done okay, clearly he's done better than Grayson. But others would have done as well, some better.

He's no Big Sam like.
He's done better than Grayson in the same way Benitez did better than McClaren. It still was good enough, they were relegated. That's what we need to judge Coleman on

Back