Has 'Chris Coleman' done a good job overall so far?

The playing side he inherited gave him a job against the world and the financial constraints would have tested even the most capable of managers. Irrespective of anything else Coleman (never my choice) has managed to lift the mood ingrained within me by the previous doom-laden charlatan we had in charge. I feel good about him and have confidence that he could go on to do a good job for us.

Unfortunately Coleman going on to do a good job is where my confidence is low as we have an owner seemingly unwilling to support him. I worry that irrespective of our finishing position this year he will move on frustrated by the lack of interest and continuing financial black hole. We seem to have a decent manager and I’m pleased to have him but I desperately hope a new committed owner can be found.

Given just how poor the squad actually is (injury prone, too small, awful players, awful goalkeepers) he has done as well as anyone could have done. No one should kid themselves that this squad is capable of better Coleman is dealing with the worst team in the clubs history. That is before you start on the off-the-pitch issues with the owner wanting away and terrible CEO he hasnt been given any real help there. We will do very well to stop up. About a 7 for me.

For what he's he had to work with yes

9/10

Some seem to think he should of walked in and turned this shìtfest into a promotion chasing side from the off.

As much as I'd hoped he had done the reality is we have not spent, have players who can't be arsed, and players who can only be arsed from time to time. Which must be a headache picking the team.

Think the bloke needs another 12 months at least.

7.5 for me. What he has done despite what he has inherited. Negative mentality throughout the club. Disenchanted fans. Disenchanted owner. Skint.

He has done a good job imo of starting to change the mentality by accepting where we are and in trying to build again positively from there. Fans have followed a bit and we are more in a mood of 'wonder' if we can just stay up. Under Moyes and his 'we're in a relegation battle' comments after a couple of games, I really feel put the entire club and city in a mood of 'resignation' and has contributed to where we have ended up - which CC is slowly dragging us out of despite the above. He needs credit for that and is a huge part of 'management'.

I will judge him more on the tactics and football side once he has a good set of cards to deal with. So far so good with what he has been left with. Getting the players out who don't want to be here is a good start on the road. Give him a team full of heart and we could have some good days under him imo.

100% agree. Well said ;)

The playing side he inherited gave him a job against the world and the financial constraints would have tested even the most capable of managers. Irrespective of anything else Coleman (never my choice) has managed to lift the mood ingrained within me by the previous doom-laden charlatan we had in charge. I feel good about him and have confidence that he could go on to do a good job for us.

Unfortunately Coleman going on to do a good job is where my confidence is low as we have an owner seemingly unwilling to support him. I worry that irrespective of our finishing position this year he will move on frustrated by the lack of interest and continuing financial black hole. We seem to have a decent manager and I’m pleased to have him but I desperately hope a new committed owner can be found.

He came here knowing there was no money but it makes me wonder if there has been funds promised for next season if he keeps us up.

Last edited:
I thought he would have had us hard to break down by now, so i'm slightly underwhelmed.....
I thought that about Allardyce, it took him about 12 games. I also thought it about Moyes he couldn't do it in 40 games. I thought Coleman would have us on the front foot more, we've looked worse (apart from when we played Wolves) when he's tried to keep it tight. I'm going 5, he's got it spot on a few times, but he's got spectacularly wrong most of the time. Hopefully we can stay up and he's given some sort of budget to start to build his own side.

8 for me, he has done very well with what he has inherited and given no money in January has tried to get players who will play for the club, tactics might not be perfect some of the time but overall given the circumstances done very well, always like his upbeat and defiant speeches, he speaks very well of the supporters and stresses how much of a big club we are, which I like.

Great post IMHO.

Some seem to think he should of walked in and turned this shìtfest into a promotion chasing side from the off.

As much as I'd hoped he had done the reality is we have not spent, have players who can't be arsed, and players who can only be arsed from time to time. Which must be a headache picking the team.

Think the bloke needs another 12 months at least.

100% agree. Well said ;)

He came here knowing there was no money but it makes me wonder if there has been funds promised for next season if he keeps us up.
After the Burton game quite a lot on here backed us to make top 6

After the Burton game quite a lot on here backed us to make top 6

I hoped/thought he would of got us winning more games tbh but the reality is we were in freefall long before he came.
I think he has started to put the brakes on I just hope its enough to keep us up.

We just need that turning point, to click and I think it will come with coleman it's just hard given the circumstances atm.

Granted it may never happen but I think he is experienced, committed and positive enough to come through.

Here's hoping.

We get pelters on here for sticking with Rafa after relegation and yet some are giving Coleman an 8 or even a 9?

Players with low morale playing for themselves - check

No money to rebuild the squad - check

Shocking form and players underachieving - check

Rafa had fewer games and no window and gets pelters. They had to deal with similar scenarios. Both coaches filled tbe fans with optimism that may have overshadowed how poorly they did/are doing.
Who cares about Benitez like? Hes nowt to do with us.

He took over a squad of misfits with no morale. He's managed to clear out some of the deadwood and given others a chance. No money was given for new players in the transfer window. He's still got a bunch of misfits and we've had consistency problems due to injuries and suspensions, but morale seems a little better.

I never expected him to come in and we'd win everything and go charging up the league. I think he's done as well as can be expected with very limited resources and everything that has gone against him. 8/10.
Vaughn was poor but Lewis G was our top scorer.

Back