has anyone's opinion changed

anitdontmajanow

Central Defender
on covid in the last few months as in there were those who were obsessed with locking down face masks etc. etc. and blindly following rules and the ones on the total other side of the spectrum the Conspiracy theorists etc. plus those in the middle

i have just checked the entry requirements for my holiday booking there and you don't even need to have been vaccinated anymore

As above. Was happy to take all the precautions pre vaccine, now happy to "get on with life" (sorry :oops:) post vaccine, while still doing little things where I can like keeping distance when around old folk in the supermarket and washing hands. Thankful we never had to find out what long term "living with covid" without a vaccine would have been like.

As above. Was happy to take all the precautions pre vaccine, now happy to "get on with life" (sorry :oops:) post vaccine, while still doing little things where I can like keeping distance when around old folk in the supermarket and washing hands. Thankful we never had to find out what long term "living with covid" without a vaccine would have been like.

'Long term' living with covid without vaccine would've been exactly the same. As eventually it would've burned itself out once everyone had been infected. It just would've taken a bit longer & had to deal with greater strains on NHS short to medium term

'Long term' living with covid without vaccine would've been exactly the same. As eventually it would've burned itself out once everyone had been infected. It just would've taken a bit longer & had to deal with greater strains on NHS short to medium term

I don't think that's necessarily true. That was the prevailing wisdom at the start of the pandemic when we had no data on re-infections, but equally nothing to suggest re-infections could happen. It was quite a big deal when the first confirmed re-infection was reported on. Now we know they're common place, with re-infections happening just months after the previous infection.

I think the relative, inherent weakness in the severity of the omicron variant have led people to conflate their experiences of flu with COVID, i.e. that COVID naturally becomes weaker and seasonal, but we know that even in a vaccinated population that we can see summer surges and significant numbers of hospitalisations.

I'm not convinced it would burn itself out, but rather cycle around the population, probably harsher in the winter months but not necessarily obeying the typical seasonality of say, influenza.

Long-term living with COVID without a vaccine would be quite a concern for millions.

Nope. Covid pre-vaccine was dangerous and scary - not necessarily for myself but for the millions of elderly and vulnerable people. We were right to take precautions. However, the vaccine has enables us to get on with life.

I don’t know, most of the older people I knew were the ones living life to the full as soon as pubs reopened etc. saying they were not long of this either and just wanted to enjoy themselves.

Conversely I think many kids and middle aged people became overly cautious (relative to their own personal risk) but a bit of altruism and care for your fellow man us no bad thing tbh.

Would have prefered we done a Sweden...they've come out of it very well. Us oldies face flu every winter, but we're rather good at living for today.

I don’t know, most of the older people I knew were the ones living life to the full as soon as pubs reopened etc. saying they were not long of this either and just wanted to enjoy themselves.

Conversely I think many kids and middle aged people became overly cautious (relative to their own personal risk) but a bit of altruism and care for your fellow man us no bad thing tbh.
"care for your fellow man es no a bad thing tbh"

See, if you had just changed the u for an e and added an "a" there. The sentence would have sounded like a Scottish accent.

Would have prefered we done a Sweden...they've come out of it very well. Us oldies face flu every winter, but we're rather good at living for today.

They’ve come out of it worse than Norway and Finland, who had stricter restrictions.

COVID, pre-omicron, in an unvaccinated elderly population has a significantly higher IFR in elderly people relative to influenza. There’s also a flu vaccine.

It isn’t just about if old people want to “live for the day” unless you’re all willing to refuse hospital treatment and sign a DNACPR, because otherwise old people would have ended up in hospital in much larger numbers, taking up more resource, and dying in greater number

You’re no different than the other COVID loons, not a single one of you has the bollocks to answer this question:

Since we know social contact is how COVID spreads, how would allowing more social contact, through fewer or no restrictions, have improved COVID outcomes in any way?

You’re no different than the other COVID loons, not a single one of you has the bollocks to answer this question:

Since we know social contact is how COVID spreads, how would allowing more social contact, through fewer or no restrictions, have improved COVID outcomes in any way?
He'll disappear from this thread now and will be typing his brand of pseudo intellectual, hippy/enlightened shite all over the rest of the board, mate, not a snowball's chance you'll get a coherent reply.

No. I just ‘blindly follow rules’. This is otherwise known as ‘not being a twat’
C'mon George, some rules should be ignored...the present war tells us that.
He'll disappear from this thread now and will be typing his brand of pseudo intellectual, hippy/enlightened shite all over the rest of the board, mate, not a snowball's chance you'll get a coherent reply.
No I won't...wishfull thinking only works if it's for a good purpose.

My life's fab, so it must be true, in fact your post will keep me on this thread,so not very good at predictions eh matey :D

Nb: Stay angry, stay dumb.

Last edited:

Back