has anyone turned the vaccine down

So your being offered a free vaccine to help prevent you contracting a virus and more importantly giving it to some other poor sod , your describing the process as "injecting shit into my body", and I'm the nugget for outing you as an anti-vaxer.
I suspect you are wasting your time mate from his previous posts I suspect his IQ is lower than our points per season average in league one

is so where do you stand if you decide at a later date than you want it, literally the only reason I am going to get mine is incase they bring out vaccine passports and as yet they have not said you cant travel, and do other things etc without one but they may do in the coming months.

Im not eligible yet but our lass’s ma called up to say our GP was offering spares to anyone who wanted to walk in one evening last week. Don’t get how they can offer “spares” to people my age... surely I’d be waiting f***ing yonks for the second one to come around? Wonder how many people in my bracket have said aye to a spare then not been able to have the second.

I've had the vaccine, but know a few folk who would rather wait.
It's not an issue, they aren't anti vaxxers.
We're still in the trial phase for the vaccines and if some folk have doubts, then I understand and they are right to have doubts.
Were learning all the time about these vaccines. How it is now much more likely that an under 40 with no underlining medical condition is far more likely to die from the AZ vaccine than from covid. And this is only from 5 months of vaccination the population. Hopefully everything will be OK, but to belittle someone for rather not having the vaccine atm is poor imo like.

Anyway. Have actually just looked. Nearest one is Newcastle or Hawes. The latter is probably quite handy for you but I think I'll wait.
just keep checking the website

all it would offer me were slots in places that would be nice to visit if we did'nt have Covid - Settle, Hawes, Grasmere, Ambleside, Kendal to name but a few

just checked a few times on/off for a couple of days and have one booked for Durham on Sunday

(since booking have had a missed call from my GP which is no doubt them offering me a slot at the surgery as well)

Ooo you kinky mare

It's also fair to ask them why. Millions have had it. Millions. I'd be interested to hear their reasoning for not having it in the face of scientific fact.
Scientific fact?
A few months ago AZ was safe. Now it's not recommended for those under 40.
Vaccines hold a risk and for some people to be more cautious and want to wait a bit is entirely reasonable and sensible.

Scientific fact?
A few months ago AZ was safe. Now it's not recommended for those under 40.
Vaccines hold a risk and for some people to be more cautious and want to wait a bit is entirely reasonable and sensible.

I'm under 40. ECV and I've had it twice.

Vaccines do not hold more risk than a disease that has killed over a million people and infected millions more.
Come on man.

Nope. Booked mine today to have the first one next Thursday. Yesterday the closest place was on the Isle of Wight, today a place a mile up the road from me was available to book.

I'm under 40. ECV and I've had it twice.

Vaccines do not hold more risk than a disease that has killed over a million people and infected millions more.
Come on man.
I've had the vaccine. My 17 yr old son had the pfizer when he was 16. For me it was a risk of was prepared to take. And a very low risk.

But for under 30s the risk of dying is probably greater from the vaccine then from covid. Especially if you're a woman.
And this is what we have found out since our vaccination programme.
I completely understand some people wanting to wait a bit longer

Last edited:
Im not eligible yet but our lass’s ma called up to say our GP was offering spares to anyone who wanted to walk in one evening last week. Don’t get how they can offer “spares” to people my age... surely I’d be waiting f***ing yonks for the second one to come around? Wonder how many people in my bracket have said aye to a spare then not been able to have the second.

No mate, once you have had the first you will be on the system and in the programme to get the second dose at the usual 10-12 week interval.

I've had the vaccine. My 17 yr old son had the pfizer when he was 16.

But for under 30s the risk of dying is probably greater from the vaccine then from covid. Especially if you're a woman.

Well if they wait longer, I hope they are being cautious with the rest of their activities.

I've had the vaccine, but know a few folk who would rather wait.
It's not an issue, they aren't anti vaxxers.
We're still in the trial phase for the vaccines and if some folk have doubts, then I understand and they are right to have doubts.
Were learning all the time about these vaccines. How it is now much more likely that an under 40 with no underlining medical condition is far more likely to die from the AZ vaccine than from covid. And this is only from 5 months of vaccination the population. Hopefully everything will be OK, but to belittle someone for rather not having the vaccine atm is poor imo like.

Nah not having that. The vaccines are safe and highly regulated. The blood clot advice with the AZ one is precautionary. Theres no real proof it is causing it as the risk is vanishingly tiny compared to control samples.

At the end of the day if someone close to you had Covid bad youd be racing to get the vaccine.

I've had the vaccine. My 17 yr old son had the pfizer when he was 16. For me it was a risk of was prepared to take. And a very low risk.

Those are astonishing claims your making , have you got a link to reputable source ?

One of the problems is that people just look at the deaths from covid, where the long covid affects will be much more of a risk to younger people. Will be interesting to see this data develop but if people don't want to take the vaccine then so be it.

I thought the vaccines weren't licensed for under 18s?

The most dangerous thing about the vaccine is the risk you'll be knocked over by a bus on the way.

Nah not having that. The vaccines are safe and highly regulated. The blood clot advice with the AZ one is precautionary. Theres no real proof it is causing it as the risk is vanishingly tiny compared to control samples.

At the end of the day if someone close to you had Covid bad youd be racing to get the vaccine.
I've had the vaccine
But I can understand others not wanting it and wanting to wait untill there is more data on it.
I thought the vaccines weren't licensed for under 18s?

The most dangerous thing about the vaccine is the risk you'll be knocked over by a bus on the way.
Pfizer is the only one for under 18s

I suspect you are wasting your time mate from his previous posts I suspect his IQ is lower than our points per season average in the premier league

Tidied.

Death isn't the only negative impact of covid though.

Back